Author Topic: Uberti 1862 police  (Read 3520 times)

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
Re: Uberti 1862 police
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2019, 05:01:31 PM »
Lol!!! You are a gentleman!!   (and I hear ya! Sometimes I feel the same way .  .  .  clear as mud!)

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Offline Kent Shootwell

• Top Active Citizen
  • Got whiskey, will stumble.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2019, 04:12:44 PM »
Todays shooting report. The load is 21 grains of GOEX 3fg, .375 ball, Crisco over the ball and #10 Remington caps. Yes that's a full chamber and I wouldn't want to shoot less! I filed the rear sight down all that I could and made the notch square. (that's the sighting notch in the hammer  ::) ) At 25 yards the point of impact is about 14" high and a bit to the right. Group is a better and there was no cap jams. The work of putting the rake is well worth it. No need to twist, flip or pay any attention to operating the pistol in that respect. To correct the sights would require the front sight to be .350" tall so I'm torn as to putting that big of blade on this tiny pistol.
Little powder much lead shoots far kills dead.
Member, whiskey livers
AKA Phil Coffins, AKA Oliver Sudden

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2019, 04:33:52 PM »

Kent   :D

I can see it now.  A great big brass DOOR with a little tiny pistol attached.  I might suggest a drop to 15Gr 3f and EPP-UG-36 bullets.  The EPP-UG-36 carries a truck load of lube.  Drops out of a mold at .380 (approx), weighs in at 90Gr.  Shoots very well out of my .36 Snubbies.  I know you don't want to drop the load, but well ................
Better than a Brass Barn Door??

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:20:22 AM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2019, 10:05:34 PM »
Heck Kent, just start shooting it outlaw style from the hip.  Once you get used to it, muscle memory don't care how high the front sight is.  :D

Offline Kent Shootwell

• Top Active Citizen
  • Got whiskey, will stumble.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2019, 02:05:16 PM »
Abilene, it does point well but despite my many attempts I can?t hit a grouse or rabbit in the head with any regularity.
Coffinmaker, yep the barn door sight anit going to happen. A 14 grain load shoots just as high. Maybe if I was to reconfigure the barrel to frame to tilt the barrel down, no, a hump back pistol would get me laughed out of the saloon. Is there no hope for me!
Little powder much lead shoots far kills dead.
Member, whiskey livers
AKA Phil Coffins, AKA Oliver Sudden

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2019, 04:33:29 PM »
My 1862 shoots to what I laughingly call POA (minute of paper plate) at 5 yards pretty much by just seeing  what is allegedly called, the front sight, showing in the bottom of the rear hammer notch AKA rear sight. Remember this thing was never was and never will be a target gun.  It is an up close up, sets clothing on fire, jammed in tight belly gun.
At least that is my experience.
Bunk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com