Author Topic: Well I did it...I just ordered a Henry Repeating Arms H011 in .44-40!  (Read 11035 times)

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 164
Re: Well I did it...I just ordered a Henry Repeating Arms H011 in .44-40!
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 09:01:23 AM »
That's purty.  :)
King Medallion

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2019, 11:36:44 AM »
If you do not have 2 Henrys, how are you going to do the Danny Glover line "This oughta do"

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2019, 01:34:31 PM »

PLUS ONE too MoGo   ;D

Advertising

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4643
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2019, 02:07:12 PM »
Wow, that is beautiful wood on that!Congrats!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline dddrees

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2019, 12:26:35 AM »
Awesome, Congrats!!

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2019, 09:54:40 AM »
Headed off to the local match with the HRA Henry today.  We will see how she does.  As an aside, I showed it to my shooting pard "Hanging Judge Hemp" yesterday, and he was awestruck.  He also said it is the smoothest factory action he has ever seen, and as good as some of his custom, slicked up guns.

I'll take some pice for the article, too.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1174
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2019, 03:06:41 PM »
It's too bad we can't "feel the action" in an article!   :)

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2019, 08:39:52 PM »
WOW!,  it was so slick!  No comparison with other non-HRA 1860s!  I cycled so fast I surprised myself.  Breaking clay pigeons and pop cans at 25 yards with monotonous regularity (We can't shoot steel at our range because the Birkenstock and man bun wearing friends of the chipmunks transplants from Berkeley got an injunction forcing us to stop shooting steel targets!).  Amazing rifle.  Some comparisons with the Navy Arms one. NA top, HRA bottom.

My new Avatar:

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2019, 02:50:39 PM »

ABB-SOO-LUTE-LEE Outstanding.  Just wish I had enough inna Sock Drawer to afford one.  I'd be more than happy to have one in my safe, and It wouldn't spend much time there.  Only one last question.

Does it have the Cleaning Rod Trap in the Butt Stock??

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2019, 03:31:48 PM »
YES, it does.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2019, 08:53:42 PM »

Oh NO Mr. Bill .....  ::)   I think I need a Loan .....  :o

Offline dddrees

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2019, 11:40:42 PM »
Oh NO Mr. Bill .....  ::)   I think I need a Loan .....  :o

Yes, yes, YES YOU DO!! LOL

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2019, 08:45:46 AM »
I love this rifle!  Used it at another local match.  We were shooting pop cans at 25 yards for rifle targets, and I was nailing them every time.  Just kept it tucked into my shoulder tight, and cradled the junction of barrel and receiver in the off hand, elbow against my body. Silky smooth with no hiccups.  Shot clean with the rifle again.  It sure got lots of admiring looks and comments, too, with its finish and figured walnut stock.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Offline mtmarfield

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1630
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2019, 07:33:53 PM »
      Greetings!

That's Extra-Nice!

BRAVO!

M.T.Marfield

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2019, 08:54:34 PM »
Well, had another successful match with the HRA 1860. I took it to our local Nevada City Peacemakers monthly match for the third time.  We are old school in several ways.  One we are relaxed, and tend to have more challenging targets than your typical 2019 SASS match!  One of the reasons is because of an injunction by a local environmental group, we are bared from shooting steel targets. They thought they would shut us down with the court order, but we came up with a work around.  Our rifle targets are pop cans (full so they blow when you hit them) or clay pigeons on the 25 yard berm.

I shot the match clean, using the HRA 1860!  I nailed pop cans and clay pigeons with almost monotonous regularity!  It is certainly one sweet rifle.  Our club is a small local one with around 20 members + or -.  One already had an HRA Henry.  Since I got this and have been using it, two more have bought them, and two more are going to.  It is just that impressive when you handle it!
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2019, 11:34:32 AM »
well, I took the HRA 1860 to an annual match, and she shined!  It was "Peaceful's End of Track" at Railroad Flat, CA.  My shooting pard shared the rifle with me, so she did over 200 main match rounds, and another 20 or so on side matches. 

SHE SHOT CLEAN! The smallest targets were 3"x6" tombstone targets that were the last of five progressively smaller tombstones in a knock down rack.  The rack was 6 feet deep, at about 15 yards away, making the last target was 17 yards.  Ammo was Black Hills factory, reloads with 9.0 grains Unique, and reloads with 7.0 of Trail Boss. My pard has an Uberti Henry at home (didn't have any 45 loaded for it, so he shared my 44-40), and marveled at how much slicker the HRA 1860 is.

1860 In the Wild....

Check the empty in the air!

I actually shot the entire match clean, but had the RO foil that by giving me a Procedural.  As I was shooting the knock down tombstones, one fell sympathetically just as I was shooting at it, so I hit the next one, making me "shoot out of order!" 

It was totally chicken sh*t, but he was a Nazi about it....That cost me a clean match pin.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2019, 05:19:33 PM »
...I actually shot the entire match clean, but had the RO foil that by giving me a Procedural.  As I was shooting the knock down tombstones, one fell sympathetically just as I was shooting at it, so I hit the next one, making me "shoot out of order!" 

It was totally chicken sh*t, but he was a Nazi about it....That cost me a clean match pin.

Chickencrap ain't nearly a strong enough word for that.  ???
 What the heck else could you do with that round?  Shoot it off to the side and then back to the targets?  Shoulda gone to the match director.  I've never done that before but think I would have in that case.

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2019, 07:29:57 PM »
I never worry about speed and score.  I shoot to have fun.  I KNOW I shot clean, that's enough for me.  Though, it was the worst RO decision I have seen at an annual match.  They always say, if there is a sympathetic fall of a plate, shoot over the top.  What made this worse was that it fell as I line up and shot.  I was an out of towner, though, so my thoughts did not have ANY weight. 

Most of the posse all knew each other as they all shoot a lot more than me, often shooting a match every weekend.  Even though I am known  for being a staff writer for the CC, I am still an outsider. I shoot one match a month at my small local club up in the mountains. I used to drive the two hours each way to shoot with the all the larger clubs in the Sacramento area (about half a dozen or more (most of which, are the same members as the others), before I retired and income limits.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2019, 11:48:44 AM »
Income limits?  But, but, I thought the CC paid big bucks?   ;D

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2019, 12:10:54 PM »
The cowboy chronicle ceased paying us staff writers in about 2009 when the crash also hit the sport.  Since then, I write for free, and have to pay for my samples and also go through a local dealer for paperwork.  That is the reason I go through so many guns.  After I write the article, I have to sell some to get more examples.

In 24 years of writing for the chronicle, I have only received one firearm Gratis.  I generally get them discounted enough to cover cost and my fees when I sell them after the article. Sometimes, however, I do loose a little when I sell.  My current stable, of the HRA Henry and my two .44 Colt Open Tops will not suffer that fate, however.  By the end of next year I will be switching to Historical based articles.  I am tired of the buying and selling just for the sake of writing.  After shooting the annual match clean with the stable I have, I'll be darned if I switch now!
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com