Author Topic: Creedmore type sights?  (Read 2542 times)

Offline TennHillyBill

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Creedmore type sights?
« on: January 11, 2013, 11:22:10 AM »
Bought one of these tang mounted sights to put on a Sharps.  Problem seems to be the aperature looks like it has a 'spiderweb' right in the middle.  I thought maybe the tiny hole had dust or something, so used my air pressure nozzle to no avail.  Took a tiny, wee small bit and slid it through.  Seems like no matter how far, or near, I try to focus, it's not clear.  Have it sitting on my Winchester to test.  Not sure if it's my eyes, the hole not being perfect, reflection, or what.  Any thoughts on these sights?  Bill

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 170
Re: Creedmore type sights?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 12:10:50 PM »
I have seen a piece of fiber or a hair in these create what yer talkin about. Use a round toothpick and twirl it in the hole ta see if that gets it out, if thats what is causin the problem. WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline h c ramrod

• H.C.Ramrod
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 01:40:37 PM »
could be your eye , try looking with your other eye and see if the web gose away
 another thing to try is use a larger apriture might be better.
keep yur powder dry.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:45:16 AM »

Offline TennHillyBill

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 03:23:43 PM »
It's strange, but yes, I get the same fuzzy spot using either eye.  Not sure, either, if wearing Rx glasses are a factor......that is something like astigmatism, etc.  I notice, too, many of the apertures appear to be .040 and larger in some of the sights I've been looking at.  Mine measures .032 which could be a factor, but hate to start drilling out.

Offline Kent Shootwell

• Top Active Citizen
  • Got whiskey, will stumble.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 05:22:03 PM »
.032" is a might small but the angle may be the cause of the fuzziness. Try sighting the rifle and tilting the sight forward and back, if at some point it clears then the angle of the staff is wrong. Hopefully the sight is square with the lenght of the barrel. My mid range aperture is .060" and if it didn't suit me I'd get a Hadley type so I could adjust as needed. Some go from .021" to .115" aperture.
Little powder much lead shoots far kills dead.
Member, whiskey livers
AKA Phil Coffins, AKA Oliver Sudden

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com