Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

Back to verk.

'Tis 28 and fog. High of 44.

Slim

The Trinity Kid:
Morning all. It’s been a while.

We’ve been busy in the Gold Fields of Ca. Brief synopsis:

Mrs. TK and I moved down to the city. Nothing fancy, just a 2 bedroom townhouse with a garage. But it’s 4 walls and a roof.

Had a 3 week bout with the stomach flu. That was fun. I lost 15lbs that I couldn’t afford to, but it did make me feel less bad about all the Christmas food I ate ::)

I’ve been really busy at work. Somehow I got sucked into a lot of “collateral duties,” which have mostly been leading contract burn crews on prescribed fires. Just spent 9 days burning around the ghost town of Denny, CA. Neat place, the New River is pleasant. The constant rain, not so much.

Mrs. TK just accepted a job with the Forest Service. GS5 admin. She’s pretty happy about that.

And finally, Mrs. TKs horse stepped on a 3/8” rusty bolt last week, so now we’re going out and changing his bandage and force-feeding his antibiotics twice a day. Good time had by all.

Y’all keep dry out there.

—TK

Advertising:

Major 2:
Home remedies...y'all may know this one. but it was enlightenment to me.
My friend Dakota Ike (on this BB) mentioned Castor Oil for sore joints.

Back in December my left knee, began to hurt, Tendonitis Pain, inflamed and some swelling.
Seems to happen every copula years, since I reach the approximate same age as OLD people  ::)   

So, I tried medical grade Caster Oil USP, this is the stuff one takes for digestion issues. constipation.
You apply it topically and rub in for about 3-4 minutes wrap it with a flannel cloth (Terry or old Tee shirt will do) and wrap with saran wrap.

Relief is almost immediate and as a side benefit, the slight arthritis in my ring finger was also soothed.

Many of you may say, well Duh! I've known this for years.
But in my neck of the woods, the rocks one might dwell under can be rather dense. 

BiOFreeze and the like have little or no effect, while the Caster Oil works .

DeaconKC:
Morning all. Managed to trip coming out of a Casey's yesterday and in addition to launching a fresh coffee all over a fellow's work van, twisted my knee and back pretty good. Nothing major, took some good pain pills when I got home and slept for 14 hours. Pretty sore today, but don't see any real damage. Don't bounce like I did when I was 20!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version