Author Topic: Zoot Shoot  (Read 7644 times)

Offline Two Bit Charlie

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Zoot Shoot
« on: July 01, 2019, 06:28:55 PM »
Well we'll be shooten with the cowboys again. We'll be haven a Zoot Class at the monthly cowboy shoot of the "Liberty Prairie Regulators" in Ripon, Wisconsin. It will be August 17th, which is the 3rd Saturday of August. We will be shooting the cowboy stages using Wild Bunch rules. May be able to change the shooting for us by shooting the targets twice or something like that. I'll have more information as it develops.

So if your anywhere near central Wisconsin in August, come out and play cops and robbers with us.

Machine Gun Charlie
Grandson of the famous gunfighten cowboy
Two-Bit Charlie

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: Zoot Shoot
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 08:23:29 PM »
Bummer. That is county fair week.  :(

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Two Bit Charlie

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 06:43:31 AM »
Well, we didn't have our Zoot Shoot back in August as planned. But we are going to Zoot the 21st of this month at Ripon, WI. Looks like we could have 5 shooters! Anyone interested give me a holler.

Machine Gun Charlie

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:12:15 AM »

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 06:53:45 AM »
We'll be there.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Two Bit Charlie

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 10:48:39 AM »
Well, we had our Zoot Shoot yesterday. We had 3 shooters, Silver Creek Slim, Wheels McCoy and myself, Machine Gun Charlie. Since this was a cowboy shoot, I rewrote the 5 senerios. Instead of starting out in the out house, you were sitting in a phone booth at the local bus terminal when the coppers sweep the place. Instead of your horse breaking it's leg and you have to carry your saddle, your delivery truck goes in the ditch and breaks all the cases of whisky but one, which you have to carry with you. The hardest one delt with a large steel elk target. What do you do with this one.  ???   Well if you cross your eyes and stand on your head, it looks like a bulldozer blade as the revenures are trying to bust your still! That one we just emptied our tommy guns into it. I shot mine from the hip!  ;D We may have been small in numbers, but we had a great time! The plan for next year is to have some actual Zoot stages with movement. That's it for this year. Have a good winter!

Machine Gun Charlie
Grandson of
Two-Bit Charlie

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 12:10:52 PM »
Whenever we do our 2 inch revolver match [somewhere in the scenario you will fire a staged 2 in revolver- either yours of borrowed] along with our regular cas or non cas [WASA] handguns. I put on my pinstripes and use a 1911 and hand ejector. A fun match.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 12:37:57 PM »
Runs With Scissors wants to shoot a tommy gun more. We'll have to get him a Zoot name, also.

Slim

Offline Two Bit Charlie

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 01:10:57 PM »
Ya Slim, my grandson, Gabby Hays, used the Tommy gun for his rifle in his last cowboy stage yesterday. Now he wants to shoot Zoot also. We should have enough for a mob!

Machine Gun Charlie

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 01:34:13 PM »
I want a Tommy too...  :-[

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 01:53:14 PM »
Do some serious weight lifting first. I?ve shot a M3 full auto at a indoor range in Md and my semiauto West Hurley Auto Ord. They are a very heavy beast. Currently waiting for my sbr paperwork to come back from the atf so I can cut it down a little [10.5 in bbl], hopefully it will lose some weight.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Two Bit Charlie

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2019, 02:20:12 PM »
Ya, I think my Tommy weighs about 13 to 14 pounds with out the mag. My grandson, Gaby Hayes, is 13 years old and now stands over 6 feet. He can handle it! I guess we'll have to come up with a new alias for him.

Machine Gun Charlie

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2019, 02:55:37 PM »
When I was a younger man, I joined the Army. During bivuac, our day started with PT, a 10 mile run, then a long forced March to the M60 course for qualifying. I had bronchitis and a touch of heat stroke. I qualified fairly well, carried that ungodly beast to formation in front of the field, and passed out.

I may be old now, but I think I can handle a Tommy  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com