Author Topic: 2019 Division of Missouri  (Read 2839 times)

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
2019 Division of Missouri
« on: March 24, 2019, 07:21:55 PM »
To: Brigadier General Jerry Davenport, GAF Commanding

Subject: 2019 Division of Missouri AAR.

Sir

Spring maneuvers carried out in accordance with General Orders.  Beg to report attendance decimated by a confluence of weddings, funerals, treaty obligations, sickness, and conflicting orders from select CinCHome's. Local Scouts remained in barracks due to faulty weather reports.  Also believe the recent wire cutting affecting CASCity may have had a deleterious effect.

Nevertheless we carried on with 4 stalwart troopers.  Officers Drydock and Quickfire took turns directing trooper Pony, with Scouting performed by an odd character called Snidely Whiplash.  We suspect he may be wanted north of the Medicine line, but he was effective in assigned roles.  One did note the occasional muttering concerning the absence of maidens and railroad tracks . . .

Weather, BTW, was excellent, dry, calm, temperatures in the Mid 60s.

3 Skirmish runs were performed, with integrated precision pistol and rifle targets,  after which a rifle speed drill (Mad minute) was performed.  Saber drill was observed,  Maxim gun training was done, and maximum use of cover was utilized in both rifle and pistol actions.

Results: Mad Minute - S. Whiplash
            Precision Pistol - P. Express
            Precision Rifle - P. Express
            Lead Scout - S. Whiplash
            Military Black Powder - Quickfire
            Military Smokeless - Drydock
            Lowest time - Drydock (winner of a well perforated Stick Elephant)

Divison of Missouri Champion
                                                                               Pony Express

Pony recieves in addition to his Sharpshooter Badge, the newly constituted DIVMO traveling trophy, a reproduction Ames M1849 Riflemans Knife with display stand.  Scout Whiplash took photographs of this, and we hope he will post them here. One wishes to congratulate Mr Whiplash, as he ventured from Wisconsin to shoot with us.

Skirmishs:

1 - Cavalry charge mounted, (Stickhorse) leaving weapon impaled in target (Haybale) dismount and engage target (1 liter bottle) with handgun until destroyed.  Remount and ride to supply wagon, dismount, acquire long-arm, engage 2 targets, 2 rounds each, from 4 different positions of cover.

2 - Indian (subcontinent) patrol.  After elephant shot down at edge of small village, recover Maxim gun (9mm AR style carbine with Bipod) and engage target (1 liter bottle) with 5 rounds.  Draw sidearm, put down elephant (stick type) with 1 round, then place 5 rounds in scored paper target.  Holster, recover rifle, proceed to cover and engage 3 targets, 2 rounds each, from 3 positions of cover, avoiding collateral damage to villagers.  (Aside: a water bottle bounces around quite vigorously when engaged with 9mm rapid fire)

3 - Out back door of Blockhouse, rifle in hand, engage scored paper target with 3 rounds.  Transition to steel buffalo for 5 rounds.  Down empty rifle, move right to window, engage pistol target with 3 rounds.  Move left to 2nd window, engage pistol target with 3 rounds.  Leave blockhouse, move to forward position, kneel and engage pistol target with final 3 rounds.

By Direction: Col. D.C. Luetkemeyer

Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Drydock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: 2019 Division of Missouri
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 07:32:04 PM »
In addition, Officers call was held at the local Econo Lodge the previous night, with those in attendance (Myself and Quickfire) then debarking to Randys Roadkill BBQ for excellent rations.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 08:41:08 PM »
Now that you mention it, I did notice Snidley Whiplash showing considerable interest in the train on bay one-but alas, the Windyville express has only a train, but no tracks to tie Nell to.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:15:39 AM »

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 02:25:18 PM »
Col. Drydock hosted another outstanding shoot. You all have no idea of all the fun you missed. Thank you sir for your dedication.
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Online Whiskey Double

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 853
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 05:02:55 PM »
Col. Drydock,       

I regret not being to be able participate this year. Damn flu bug caught me, I'm hoping to make it to work tomorrow.  I'll plan for next year.
Whiskey Double      GAF 853    Major, Chief of Staff  Div. of Iowa
NRA  life Endowment
SCI
NTA
DU
RMEF

Offline Drydock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 05:54:10 PM »
Major Doubles sickness was noted (original report was dysentery) and he was therefore removed from the AWOL list.  Still waiting for Tyree to bring the horse back . . .

Offline swhiplash

• Citizen
  • SASS #: 84621
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 02:02:46 AM »
Now that you mention it, I did notice Snidley Whiplash showing considerable interest in the train...

That's Snidely!

DIVMO traveling trophy (note the expensive case-hardened finish of the blade)

Picking off the murderous Thuggee1 hiding behind innocent villagers.

Snidely Whiplash, Lead Scout 

1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Henry_Sleeman
I prefer big pistols and small sig files - Snidely Whiplash

Offline Drydock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 08:43:05 PM »
Because someone (me) forgot the ladle, we used the DIVMO traveling trophy to stir the chili.  Upon cleaning the blade afterward we noted the above delicate case color effect.  This is either a testament to the strength of my Chili, or an adverse comment on the blade steel.   Pony will try polishing it.  If unsuccessful we will coat the whole blade next year for uniformity . . .

Offline Drydock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 07:33:35 PM »
"I regret not being to be able participate this year."

That's some powerful flue bug!

;)