Author Topic: Boots, help  (Read 5242 times)

Offline TexasBud

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Boots, help
« on: April 12, 2005, 05:48:09 PM »
Wrong place to post,  big sorry.

Evenin,
I am so new the green behind my ears still shines.
I got my SASS membership, I got the shootin irons, and I have the next match in Stillwater scheduled.
However, I can't find boots that will fit.  The calves of my legs are big and the foot is EEEE.
Anyone know of a brand or place that fits bemoths.
Thanks....
Texas Bud

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Boots, help
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 05:02:42 AM »
I hope to go get some of the FRONTIER boots soon.  The FORT in Lincoln, NE sells 'em.  See the ads in Shoot magazine.
I hear lots of good reviews on them. ;D
Now I have a pair of Durangos & a pair of Tonys.

But I like my Durangos best (so far).
Wonder if'n Belleville makes a cowboy boot???

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Marauder

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Marauder's Old West Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 10:37:11 AM »
Yup, contact The Fort.  They are in Lincoln, Nebraska and carry a Durango Boot that should work great for you.  They come in larger sizes if needed and the calf is expandible for those with larger legs.  Everyone I know that has them, says they are quite comfortable.

When you contact them, ask for Terry and let them know you are a cowboy shooter.  They will probably give you a discount.

http://www.the-fort.com/

I don't think they have the boots on their website, so you will have to either call them or email them about them.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:16:45 AM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 10:48:47 AM »
Yup, contact The Fort.  They are in Lincoln, Nebraska and carry a Durango Boot that should work great for you.  They come in larger sizes if needed and the calf is expandible for those with larger legs.  Everyone I know that has them, says they are quite comfortable.

When you contact them, ask for Terry and let them know you are a cowboy shooter.  They will probably give you a discount.

http://www.the-fort.com/

I don't think they have the boots on their website, so you will have to either call them or email them about them.
Here's the info on the boots. http://fortfrontier.com/
I have a black and a brown pair.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 07:08:58 AM »
I'll toss in my two cents for the Fort as well. I have very wide feet, narrow ankles and fat calves. They are the only place that has been able to fit me with over the counter (non-custom made)  boots.

Give Terry or Glen a call!

:D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Jubel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 08:43:40 PM »
The boots I'm wearing in the pic came from http://caboots.zoovy.com/category/civilwarreenactment/
best prices on the web and mine feel like I'm walking barefoot. The comfort is unbelieveabled, Look for the Civil War re inactor boots. They are absolutely period correct from 1850 to 1890.  8)
Cousin we been ashooten at each other all day! How about we stop for a beer then we kin go home and get our axes. Or just as good, lets forget this whole dang feud, I'm agetten too old for this anyhow!

Offline Big John Denny

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 07:57:32 PM »
Texas Bud, I too have manly sized feet and had a heck of a time finding my own boots. I'm a 15EW. I finally got my feet professionaly measured and found the right size at Horsetown. They're on the web
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com