GENERAL TOPICS > Tall Tales

Boy Gets Tongue Stuck to Pole

(1/2) > >>

Joyce (AnnieLee):
I wasn't sure where to post it, so thought I'd start a new topic, even though Delmonico (and others) have talked about it several times this winter.

--- Quote ---Child Gives In To Temptation, Gets Tongue Stuck To Pole

POSTED: 12:44 pm EST January 18, 2005

WYTHEVILLE, Va. -- It looked like a scene out the movie "A Christmas Story."

A 9-year-old boy in Virginia gave in to an age-old temptation while waiting for the school bus on a very cold day. He touched a metal pole with his tongue. His tongue stuck to the post.

The Roanoke Times reported that a local police officer talked to the boy at the scene while his dad got some warm water.

According to the newspaper, the conversation went like this:

"Are you OK?"
"Uh-uh."
"Have you learned anything?"
"Uh-huh."
"Are you going to do this again?"
"Uh-uh."

The boy's dad applied the water, and the boy's tongue was freed from the post, apparently unharmed.
--- End quote ---

The webpage even has a link to a survey asking if you've ever stuck your tongue to something:

http://www.nbc4.com/news/4103855/detail.html

AnnieLee, laughing

Delmonico:
So have you?  Not me, I've never seen any reason to try, never made any sense to me. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

When super glue came out in the 70's used ta glue quarters to the hall way floor in High Scool and watch folks try to pick them up. ;D ;D

The Arapaho Kid:
A school gag we used to do was when we were downtown, we'd find someone....grab them, take off their jacket then stand them up by a parking meter.  The we'd put their jacket back on them backwards and zip it up on the other side of the meter...then walk away.  They were stuck there until someone came along and unzipped the jacket.

Advertising:

Trinity:

--- Quote from: The Arapaho Kid on January 18, 2005, 07:54:24 PM ---A school gag we used to do was when we were downtown, we'd find someone....grab them, take off their jacket then stand them up by a parking meter.  The we'd put their jacket back on them backwards and zip it up on the other side of the meter...then walk away.  They were stuck there until someone came along and unzipped the jacket.

--- End quote ---

:o :o :o ??? ??? ???

Kid, you weren't a bully by chance, were you?  :D :D

The Arapaho Kid:

--- Quote from: Trinity on January 18, 2005, 08:42:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: The Arapaho Kid on January 18, 2005, 07:54:24 PM ---A school gag we used to do was when we were downtown, we'd find someone....grab them, take off their jacket then stand them up by a parking meter.  The we'd put their jacket back on them backwards and zip it up on the other side of the meter...then walk away.  They were stuck there until someone came along and unzipped the jacket.

--- End quote ---

:o :o :o ??? ??? ???

Kid, you weren't a bully by chance, were you?  :D :D

--- End quote ---

Good heavens no!  We were just havin' fun!  There was, however, one bully that used to pick on me.  I put up with it for a couple of times, then I planted a foot right where a foot should not be planted on the male anatomy.  He never bothered me again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version