Author Topic: Another newbie question - time management  (Read 5175 times)

Offline jrdudas

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Another newbie question - time management
« on: December 10, 2004, 09:23:18 AM »
If I understand correctly, CAS events are almost always "all-day" affairs;  is this true.  I am quite interested in CAS but I am wondering how I will be able to devote the required time to actually go out and shoot.  In the last few months I have started shooting some Trap and I sometimes have difficulty finding a couple of hours a week to do that. 

For right now, I think my wife is probably not very interested, so my participation will not be "family time" as it might become at some later date.  The closest club is about an hour from my home and they have monthly events.  They also have a "new shooter orientation" program in the Spring that I hope to attend.  I guess somewhere within my ramblings the core question is this;  how much time do most folks devote to CAS on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance for your responses,  John

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 110
Re: Another newbie question - time management
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 09:31:54 AM »
I go to most of the montly matches in Ripon, WI from April - October. Ripon is 45 mins from my house. The shooters meeting starts at 9 am. We usually get done before 1 pm with 5 stages. So I am usually home before 2 pm. I usually am the only one in my household that goes since we have 4 young children.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline L.G.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 11:04:23 AM »
45 min. - 1 1/2 hour drive to match, match runs from 9:00 - 2 or 3 in the afternoon, 5 stages, lunch, maybe a sidematch thrown in, 50 - 75 shooters on average.
SASS #48097
NRA #2008175
Gateway Shootist Society
Member of The Torque and Recoil Club
WartHog
B.O.S.S. #19
RATS #130
http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/Slingshot383

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:06:01 PM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 11:06:10 AM »
Our matches, shooters meeting at 10:00 A.M., home by about 3:30 or so. Takes about 45 minutes driving..........Buck 8) ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Lou Graham

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 05:37:22 AM »
It's up to you how carried away you want to get.  That's one of the nice features of CAS.  I shoot every weekend during the season, sometimes one match on Sat. and another on Sun.  Drive is anywhere from 40 minutes up to two hours.  Some of the big matches can last several days, plus your travel time to get there.  Other folks just shoot one a month or every other month and stay close to home.  It's the bulk of a day to do a local match.  It's a good idea to get the local schedule and plan out your match days for a few months in advance if you have a lot of other demands on your time.
Soot Lady
You can never be too thin, too rich or have too much ammo

Offline Missouri Marshal

• Top Active Citizen
    • Missouri Marshal's Cowboy Action Shooting Homestead
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 09:28:18 PM »
It's up to you how carried away you want to get.  That's one of the nice features of CAS.  I shoot every weekend during the season,

Season?  Isn't that from 01 January to 31 December? ;D  It is in Virginia. :)
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com