Author Topic: Bet Del has done these ...  (Read 5035 times)

Offline Oregon Bill

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 153
Bet Del has done these ...
« on: August 01, 2019, 11:39:18 AM »
This fella's a character. I have not fared well trying to do Scotch eggs, but have not tried deep frying.

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
Re: Bet Del has done these ...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 12:47:47 PM »
I make these often.   I do better when I do leaner protein with limited amounts of starches and grains due to allergies (man I miss potatoes!).  Anyway, I find that things go together better when the whites are mostly dry after pealing.   I make my own sausage, usually from chicken so I roll it out  (when very cold) between two sheets of cling film.   This makes the process easier.    I then gently roll the film back and wrap the egg.   Gently put it to a ball shape and then chill again.   I typically bake mine and leave off the bread crumbs, but if you still want to bake them, mix a little oil with the bread crumbs before you roll them and they brown nicely.   

If you are looking to make one with the yolk runny (they fall in the OMG tasty category at this point), I would by-pass soft boiling the eggs and trying to peal them and just poach the egg and stop them cooking in ice water.  Then cover (gently) with the sausage.   Served hot with mustard or hollandaise sauce and you have a seriously tasty breakfast.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 07:40:36 PM »
This fella's a character. I have not fared well trying to do Scotch eggs, but have not tried deep frying.

His method works well- not sure if the Coosie even eats eggs..:)
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:00:31 AM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 11:39:02 PM »
Not a big fan of those, so have never made them.

In camp breakfast is often hurried because of time and most often just scrambled.  Actually scrambled eggs and meat loaf is well liked at the Muster.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com