Author Topic: Rossi 92 parts- will older interarms era parts fit newer guns?  (Read 91 times)

Offline Ironbadger

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I am planning to get a new made Rossi 92 lever gun.

But I despise the toggle safeties they make them with.

There is a potential fix...If the older Interarms era bolts that do not have these safeties will fit the newer guns.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I would assume the parts can be made to fit unless the dimensions are significantly different.

After my experiences with Italian percussion revolvers.. I assume nothing anymore.

Thanks.

Badger

Offline Froogal

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3882
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 597
Wife and I have a pair of those Rossi's. Hers is 38/.357 and mine is .45 Colt. The safety thing on hers seemed to become activated all by itself and then the rifle would not fire when she wanted. I neutered the darn thing. It looks like it is still there, but it cannot be activated.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125

:) Iron Badger  ;)

There is a much more elegant and cheaper solution.  Contact Nate Kiowa Jones (Steve Young) at Stevesgunz.  He offers a nifty little kit that eliminates that stupid safety.  The only remnant of the safety is Steve's little "button" plug which disappears at 6 feet.

While you're at it, buy Steve's DVD for tuning up the Rossi and his Spring Kit.  You won't believe the difference it will make in the gun.

No, I don't receive promotional considerations, remunerations, or even acknowledgement from Stevesgungz.  Steve is just a fellow gunsmith whom I recommend.

Advertising

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125

:) Iron Badger  ;)

Oopsies.  I neglected your original question.  I honestly don't know.  Whenever I worked on '92s I simply worked on the OEM parts.  I never tried swapping between manufacturers.  I will say, to most outward appearances, everybody copies the original '92 fairly closely.  It doesn't take much for something to NOT FIT however.

Steve at Stevesgunz would be a much better source.  If he doesn't know, nobody does.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com