Author Topic: Sure was hopeing my book would come in the mail, but it didn't, need more advice  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I got this great buy mat a local gun shop that I have wheeled and dealed wor 30 years, I know that it is the high qualituy belt, but the price was super and I thought it would give me a head start on a new rig.
 It is the basic brown, and I am going to make a strong right hand, and a left side cross draw.
My 2 question
 No.#1 what would be a good color for the holsters to give contrast, I thinking chocolate, or cream?
 No#2 The guns that are going in them are my 72 open tops 4 3/4 barrel's, aprox. how much leather will it take per holster?

You see, I can putt a 4'x4' 3/4 piece of ply wood  in the corner for now, and work a little of the time to help with the jail sell  :D :D I got all my projects that i can do in the house done ??? :o
 Maybe Tomorrow
See Ya
Ace
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Howdy Ace

It looks like you're coming along now , I think your feelings on a color are fine , not sure you would want cream though, (IMHO)but any the medium to dark browns including chocolate, would look real nice . 8) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ace, a good quality cut of 8/9oz in a single shoulder should work well for guns that size IF you will be making Slim Jims??  Shux, you might even get a sheath for a big knife too.  One piece skirted holsters will eat up the leather much quicker but I have gotten two from a single shoulder as well.  A lot depends on how well its trimmed.  If you can buy the leather at a local Tandy, its just a matter of taking your pattern down and laying it on the leather to see how much you need. 

Advertising

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com