Author Topic: I finally dood it!  (Read 1852 times)

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
I finally dood it!
« on: May 19, 2020, 02:34:00 PM »
I finally found an Armi San Marco 1875 to go with my Uberti's. Don't know why I wanted one so bad, can't remember back that far for reasons, just know I wanted one. Well last week or so Altamont Grips put up a bunch of the guns they used as models for their grips, one of which was an ASM 1875. Auction ended Saturday night, they shipped yesterday and I already have it in my hot little hands (talk about fast). It was made in 1997 (BI) for EMF and is chambered in 44-40, and it appears to be 'unfired', or at least I can't detect any wear and tear in the barrel or chambers. I'll try to get some better close up pictures of it over the next couple of days and post them. In just a casual inspection and comparing it to one of my Uberti 1875s I would almost swear that ASM bought all of their parts from Uberti or just subcontracted the guns in whole. All of my Uberti guns have anywhere from 2 digit to 5 digit serial numbers, other than 2 guns imported by Stoeger that have a 1 or 2 letter prefix, the ASM has a 6 digit serial number leading me to believe that at that point ASM was serializing all their handguns in order without caring what model was what. Here is a link to the auction so you can see it  until I get pics taken and posted.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/868075726

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: I finally dood it!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 04:26:23 PM »
You do know ,  ASM  Armi San Marco's  chief cook & bottle washer was Aldo Uberti son in law ?

Originally before the 2000 acquisition by Beretta ( now Benelli division )Beretta Holding Company,  and the move to the new world headquarter manufactory.

ASM and Uberti was just down the block and across the alley in Gardone

Neat score by the way
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Niederlander

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 05:27:35 PM »
I was watching that one, too.  Glad you got it!  I was actually more interested in the ASM Hartford Model Colt they had, but I decided I could live without it.  (Those are really good pistols if you rebuild the internals with Colt parts.)
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:52:57 PM »

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 05:47:04 PM »
Major 2, while I did know that they were just down the road from each other, I wasn't aware of the familial connection. Cool. Like I said, I've never actually held an ASM 75, so wasn't sure how close they were to each other. Over the next few days I'll be tearing it down and checking it against a similarly vintage Uberti. I'll also be putting an Uberti steel triggerguard on it and a set of carved fake ivory grips on it. As the serial number is at the front of the gripframe, I may even try to install a lanyard ring. A covid summer project.

Niederlander, I agree on the Hartford models, I've got a few of them and as they wear replace the worn out parts with Colts. I must have gotten some of the better ones because I haven't had to replace very much on them, mostly springs so far.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 11:49:08 PM »
Good score, Pathfinder. Congratulations. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 08:34:53 AM »
2020 seems to have been a good year for finding things I've been looking for some time for. Earlier this year I finally found the 45 Peacemaker Centennial that I've been after since the mid 90s and now I've found the elusive (to me anyway) ASM 1875.  ;D I even found a 1st gen SAA for under $750 this year. OMG!  :o I must be getting ready to be called home! Hang on, Lord, I ain't quite done yet! Still have to hang on for Cimarron's new American model. Please!? ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com