Author Topic: OFFICIAL 1860 thread (post pictures here)  (Read 87935 times)

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: OFFICIAL 1860 thread (post pictures here)
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2013, 12:54:56 PM »
Nice guns,
Any one out there do a Richards type 1 ring to fit a Uberti Richards. I realy would like the Type 1.

Great collection
Buffalochip

Offline Fredcdobbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2014, 04:02:38 PM »
New 1860 snub. Barrel shortened to 2 7/8" Smoothed and a track of the wolf sight installed. Kirst converter added. Still need to refinish those grips in oil and maybe exchange for a shorter 1851 grip. Shoots two inches at 7 yards with cowboy 45 Brass, a 160 RNFP bullet and 3.5-4.0 grains of Red Dot. I still have to percussion cylinder.  

Offline Fredcdobbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2014, 09:50:12 PM »

I swapped the blued 1861 grip for the 1860 Snubby Army grip.

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 10:59:21 AM »

Offline Gus Walker

• Top Active Citizen
  • The sunny slopes of long ago.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2014, 08:31:04 PM »
 ;D Heres my 60 type 2 by ASM for Traditions. Never had to work on it other than polishing the internals. The Cimmaron 72 on top on the other hand after 50 rounds had to replace the firing pin with one from The Smith Shop,replace the hand that was dead soft and the bolt which broke a leg at round 50 Leather is by Don Barnett at Liberty Leather.
Aye its been quite a ride aint it?

Offline CPL Jayhawker Jake

• Very Active Citizen
  • Over the Hills and Far Away...
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2014, 08:31:45 AM »
A lot of good looking smoke wagons here.  My humble contribution:

Uberti Fluted 1860.
GAF #827

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: #810
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2014, 08:48:57 AM »
Here is the hideout I made from a Cimarron Richard mason 44 Colt with 2 7/8" barrel like the one carried by US Marshall Dallas Stoudenmirein in El Paso Texas, only his had no front sight.
NCOWS #810
Reno

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2014, 09:33:14 AM »
Here is my Richards Type I Conversion in 38 Colt made by Kenny Howell years ago. It was one of his first, Ser.#006  Shoots to POA. I have 7 Conversions but this one is my favorite. I sure would like to find a ASM in 44 Colt, I have had 3 in 38 SPL. two good ones and one not so good. Iam 71 and a retired dealer and had to send many ASMs back to Cimarron and Navy Arms but would still like to have one to add to my other Conversions to pass down to the Grandsons. Sure do like those Conversions.
NCOWS #810
Reno

Offline Seth Hawkins

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2014, 03:43:35 AM »
Very nice!

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2014, 10:03:41 AM »
Here's three more 1860 Conversions in 44 Colt of mine, aged slightly by me and used alot. All good shooters.
NCOWS #810
Reno

Offline Villafuego

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2014, 04:20:26 PM »
Thats a really nice group Reno......

Here's my ASM Richards.......

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2014, 06:52:11 AM »
Villafuego, nice looking ASM Conversion, great picture, Iam really jealous as I've been looking for a good 44 Colt, and hope I can find one as nice as yours.
Reno

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2014, 01:25:20 PM »
Here is a couple of my Conversions, one you have already seen with Ivory grips the one on the bottom, so I put the orginal walnut grips on it and thought you might like to see it. It is a Kenny Howell made  1860 Type I Conversion one his first ser. #006 in 38 Colt and the other on the top is a ASM 1860 in 38 Spl. I have 8 Conversions and you have seen them all. Sure wish I could find a ASM in 44 Colt. I know all their problems, but want one anyway. Thanks for looking.
NCOWS #810
Reno

Offline Villafuego

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2014, 02:49:38 PM »
That Howell conversion is really nice.....you nailed the finish on it...... ;D

I've owned a few of the ASM's....2 good....1 bad. The one I just posted was NIB....picked it up off Gunbroker last month......seems to be "good" after making a spacer for the arbor (to get the bbl/cyl gap up to .007"), and fitting/stoning the wedge. I made it thru about 80 rounds of BP .38 Colt before things started to get sluggish. It seems like it will run indefinitely on smokeless.

The seller had 5 or 6 NIB ASM conversions......like he bought an old inventory.....mine came in an EMF box w/paperwork. I wish I had bought the 7 1/2" 1851 in .38 as well...

None were .44 colts.......

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »
Sure wish I would have known it was for sale, as I might have bought it from you.
Thanks,
Reno

Offline buckskin billy

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
    • the buck rub
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2014, 08:29:29 PM »
very nice conversions.

here is my 1860 Richards type 1 44 colt built by jay strite

" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2014, 01:11:14 PM »
Here are two of my ASM Type I Army Conversions, one a Navy Arms and the other a Traditions, both 38 Spl. shoot great with no problems. All I've done is slick up the action and refinish the grips. Still looking for a 44 Colt, Sure would like to find one to go with my other 44s.  Never seen a gun everone thinks is junk so hard to find. If anyone out there has one you would like to sell please let me know. I would also consider another 38 Spl.
Thanks again,
Reno
NCOWS #810
515-981-0694
515-979-4446
leepr@msn.com

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2015, 05:16:25 PM »
Here is another ASM Conversion in 44 Colt I picked up a couple days ago. I put a pair of Ivory grips I had in the grip box on it that I  had on the Kenney Howell Conversion, and they fit not perfect, but pretty close. Gun is a Cimarron which came with the orginal grips, and the box, about 99%, and functions perfect.  I have got two 38 Specials, but been looking for a 44 Colt for a long time. Sure hope I can find a mate for it.

NCOW #810
Reno

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2015, 01:51:18 PM »
Sure wish I could find two more ASM Type I Conversions in 44 or 38 Spl. for my grandsons. Guess I should have kept a couple when I used to sell them. Never seen a gun so hard to buy, that so many people think is not a good investment. If antone has one call me 515-981-0694. email leepr@msn.com.

NCOWS #810
Reno

Offline Gunmaster

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2015, 04:10:30 AM »
Here's my Pietta, brass framed, nickel plated, aftermarket stainless fluted cylinders, .44, 1860's
In addition to pics, I hope video links are allowed.  :)

The "Road Agent Spin" and "Curly Bill Spin" (same thing) has to my knowledge never been done before by anyone drawing straight from the holster like I do in this video. This is strictly for fun and demonstration purposes, I don't recommend nor encourage any attempt to replicate my technique of draw with a loaded revolver.

I'm using twin nickel plated, Pietta .44 cal, 1860's, with stainless, fluted, cylinders. The shorter barreled 1858 Rem Uberti .44, you can see (once) flipped in the air but mostly in my shoulder holster.

I recommend watching it in full screen. I taught my draw to the actor "Brahm" and he is going to be using it  in the pre production, upcoming spaghetti western called "Fist of Guanto".
He contacted me due to my earlier other YouTube videos of my special draw and gives me credit for the draw technique in his film.
They also have a facebook, Twitter and YouTube page for "Fist of Guanto" which I include the links of below, and are currently in editing for the preview short (to gain financial backers) the preview which is called "Shoot in any direction and you'll hit a bastard" and the planned full length film will be called "Fist of Guanto".

I am not a spokesperson for the proposed preview short nor feature movie and I am not IN the movie (although I'd luv that! Lol), and I do not receive any payment in any way for inventing and inspiring the butt forward drawing directly from the holster that is going to be used in the movie. I am honored someone liked it enough to want to put it into a movie and I was glad to advise and help with my draw technique.

First below, my latest video that I AM in and hosting.

This one is a repeated segment from the above video followed by a slow motion of the same segment. Gives you a chance to study it closely.

You may also like my other much earlier videos on this draw I developed, at these links...

Below, the e mail from the actor (Brahm) who will be using my draw technique in the film short and feature, as well as links to their social media sites about the upcoming spaghetti western.
"Hey Bill thanks for swapping emails with me. So once we began actually shooting the movie the decision was kind of made to take down a lot of the behind the scenes "footage" as to not discourage anyone from how the actual finished product will look (vastly superior than the test footage in theory). We are now deep in post production, been editing for what seems like months... oh wait... it has been months... and to think this is only the "short" film which is supposed to ignite a feature (aka some financing). The short is titled "Shoot In Any Dircetion And You'll Hit A Bastard" and the proposed feature is called "Fist Of Guanto". There will be a couple of good draws in the completed short, including the Archimedes Screw which I will personally confirm at any given moment was directly inspired by the Bill Akins draw as our screen test video proclaimed. Let me know if there is anything specific I can do for you along these lines my friend. In the meantime please feel free to follow our progress at the following links, in fact we would appreciate it!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me_3Yj2EG64&feature=youtu.be

http://www.guantomovie.com

http://www.facebook.com/guantomovie

http://www.twitter.com/guantomovie]]http://www.twitter.com/guantomovie

http://www.youtube.com/guantomovie

Happy Trails pardners!

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2016, 10:02:36 AM »
Here are a couple pictures of 5 of my ASM 1860 Army Conversion Type Is. 44 Colts and 38 Colt, and 38 Special all in excellent condition. All I have done is refinish all the grips. Still looking for one more 44 Colt so all the Grandsons and Great Grandandsons will each have one when I move on into the sunset. If anyone has one, as most consider them junk please give me a call. 515-981-0694 or 515-979-4446.
Thanks,

Reno

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com