Author Topic: Just a random "look what I've gotten recently" photo...  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Captain Lee Bishop

• Rough Rider, 1st US Cav (USV)
  • Top Active Citizen
  • ..on your order, Colonel Roosevelt!
    • Thunderbolt Productions
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Just a random "look what I've gotten recently" photo...
« on: March 09, 2008, 07:25:32 PM »
This all is mostly for my CAS activities...

The coat is, I think, from Quartermaster. I added the USV tabs today but I need to replace the incorrect large buttons, though. I have no idea who made the great coat, I got both coats from eBay vendors who couldn't say who'd made them. The cup is original, the coin is forged from the prop of the original USS Olympia (I've been looking for quite a while for one of these), the toy soldier on the jacket is a "King and Country" hand painted one, they haven't made them in years.
Just showing off a little of the swag I've run into lately, that's all!  ;D

Offline Mulee Pete

• MuleePete,phd
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Just a random "look what I've gotten recently" photo...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 01:59:58 PM »
Great looking goodies, but I'm afraid it's driving me to accereate my own uniform acquisition.  Thanks for the prodding.
Saddler Sargeant GAF Department of the Platte, #521
SCORRS
CBQD #1
SASS Life #34368
USN Life (Ret.)

Keep track of your lustrums!

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 11:42:50 AM »
VERY nice, Captain!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:01:49 AM »

Offline Captain Lee Bishop

• Rough Rider, 1st US Cav (USV)
  • Top Active Citizen
  • ..on your order, Colonel Roosevelt!
    • Thunderbolt Productions
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 10:39:52 PM »
Thanks, guys!  ;D  I still need to get the embroidered 1st Volunteer Cavalry insignia to place on the collar, and the wide yellow strip for my pants. Once I get that, I'll be complete. I think it's good enough to wear as-is for now, though, as I have a couple of original photos of RR officers and one has no pants stripe at all (probably got promoted nowhere near a tailor). Most do have full insignia on their collars, though, and most are the metal ones. I went with the embroidered ones as they can't fall off like the metal ones can. The shoulder boards are held on by clips on the shoulders, must like modern dress blues are.
My CAS club is doing a SASS recruitment table at the local Cabela's this weekend, and I think I'll be wearing that jacket, at least until it gets too warm. Not only are we allowed to wear own guns, we're encouraged to do so! My Cavalry Captain impression will be good for that, as my M1881 holsters have those nice flaps, to keep greedy paws off my six shooters!  :P
It's also just down the road from Ft Lewis, so I'm sure a lot of folks will see me and say, "So that's what I would be wearing if I was in, about 100 years ago…" As you can see here, this is what I usually go to CAS shoots in...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com