Author Topic: Department of the Pacific, Changing of the Guard  (Read 2116 times)

Offline El Confederado

• Spaniard and Proud of it!!!!!
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Department of the Pacific, Changing of the Guard
« on: May 18, 2006, 11:09:27 AM »
 This is a letter sent to US Scout as of this morn. I wish y'all much luck in this and will check back fom time to time.

General,
I feel that Captain Thorne is doing a wonderfull job at this time. I also feel that at this time maybe it is best for the Department and the GAF in general that he be given the command of the Department. I have been banging my head against a wall out here for years, and with everything going on right now in my AO, I think that it is for the best that I step down.
So, as of 09:01, Thursday May 18 in the year of our lord 2006, do hereby surrender my command of this department to the HQ staff for you to appoint a commander.

Good Luck,
Colonel J.M. Rodriguez II
GAF Commander, Department of the Pacific,
Confederate States Cavalry
Colonel J.M." El Confederado" Rodriguez II,
Former Commander Department of the Pacific,GAF
Major,8th Texas Cavalry,*Colonel,1st Louisiana Zouaves" Coppens Zouaves",*Capt, 1st Louisiana Zouave Cavalry
Former Staff Sergeant  US Army 3rd ACR and 7th Cavalry trooper

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Re: Department of the Pacific, Changing of the Guard
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 12:23:03 PM »
I have accepted Bvt Col El Confederado's resignation as Commander of the Department of the Pacific.  Below is my response to his resignation. 

Bvt Colonel El Confederado,

I'm sorry to hear that your personal situation is such at present that you are unable to carry on with your duties as Commander of the Department of the Pacific.  You contributed greatly to the growth and success of the Department, especially in the absence of your own Department Commander back in the beginning days.  For that I thank you and extend my best wishes that you will soon be able to rejoin the GAF in a more active capacity in the near future.

I appreciate that you are placing the well being of the GAF and the Department of the Pacific ahead of yourself in making this difficult decision.  This is a commendable action on your part.

As a former Department Commander and in respect for all the time and hard work you dedicated to the GAF, you are authorized to continue to attach the the rank of "Brevet Colonel, Retired, GAF" should you wish to do so.

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen
GAF, Commanding

Bvt Colonel El Confederado was one of our most active members and I'm sure its only his current personal situation that restricts him from being a more active participant now.  When Bvt Col Bean Bandit was unable to perform the duties of Commander of the Department, El Confederado stepped up and continued to move the Department ahead, first in a temporary capacity and later when promoted to Commander of the Department.  The Department of the Pacific would not be as large as it is now without his enthusiasm and hard work.  He is to be commended.

I know that he is not leaving the GAF, but merely stepping down and turning over the Department to someone with time and energy.  This true selflessness and dedication to the GAF. 

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline Reb Tyree

• Bvt Lt. Col (SFC) Reb Tyree, CSA Chief of Staff Dept of the Pacific, GAF
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Department of the Pacific, Changing of the Guard
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 12:06:16 AM »
Good Evening  Bvt Colonel El Confederado

I have received the latest dispatch.  I have seen the order of your reassignment to the retired list.  Sir you will be missed.  Good luck, Colonel. 

I have the honor to remain

Your obedient servant.

Bvt Capt (SSG) Reb Tyree, CSA
Dept of the Pacific (Cavalry), GAF

43rd VA Cav, Co. A (Mosby's Rangers) ACWA

SASS, GAF, BOLD, ACWA, NAHC, NRA, USAR
I have the Honor to remain,

Your Obedient Servant,

(SFC) Bvt Lt. Col Reb Tyree, CSA
Chief of Staff, Dept of the Pacific,
Grand Army of the Frontier

Advertising