Author Topic: Cawfee,Tea and April showers,Start of a new CAS season too.  (Read 7155 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Cawfee,Tea and April showers,Start of a new CAS season too.
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2023, 10:41:36 AM »
The two streets just east of me are one way north and souths into downtown, still very busy although the major highways now route around.  Ricer sport bike race track at times.  Wes bad last night, a lot probably going 90-100 in a 35.  Called dispatch about midnight and asked if they had any spares to watch it.  Lady was nice and said no one had called yet and they had a couple they could spare.  Poor lady had trouble keeping it together when I told her I didn't want taxpayers money to have to clean up another mess this week. (We had one Tuesday clearly the bikes fault that sent two in SUV he T Boned to the hospital and rumor was there was quit a mess to pick up with a stick and a spoon.)  Then mentioned we have to look at faded plastic flowers for years, made a comment about a donor card should be required for sport bikes.  (The guy Tues day cut into the right turn lane and went through on a red light at a high rate of speed)

Sport bikes are becoming an unpopular topic around here.  They caught one a couple weeks ago at 134 in a 45.   Heard police car sirens about a half hour later and the organ donors either quit or went elsewhere.  Early last fall one hit the wall on a curved overpass and flipped over it and landed on the street down below, they said he was likely already dead when the car ran over him a couple seconds after impact. :P  Local paper FB page is interesting after one like that, most having sympathy but a growing movement to complain about the time and man power it costs the tax payers to clean up the mess and the amount of people in cars getting hurt also.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 423
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2023, 07:28:11 AM »
Strong storms yesterday afternoon, and early this morning, having just lifted the tornado watch & 50% chance of rain today, temps @ 80 for the high.

Living room painting project continues, I'm about 2/3 done.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 109
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2023, 07:55:11 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 32 and mist with a NW wind. "Rain showers and snow showers in the morning  then rain showers in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the lower 40s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #123 on: Today at 01:52:02 PM »

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4950
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2023, 08:45:20 AM »
Good morning folks and may God bless you on this day. 52 here, supposed to hit 70 and sunny. Temps slowly working their way up here the next 10 days with rain possible on 7 of em. Hope you all have a great day.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 266
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2023, 01:45:40 PM »
Sport bikes are becoming an unpopular topic around here.
Here in Florida, every so often we see one on I-75 passing and weaving in and out of traffic going close to a 100 mph. My son bought a sport bike when he graduated from college just to piss me off.
He had it up to 134 mph on a nearby country road. Thank GOD I was eventually was able to convert him to a Harley. On a Harley you sit back and enjoy ride and the scenery.

Also attached is something for you old Wine Connoisseurs
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com