Author Topic: HOw aged will you admit to.  (Read 6477 times)

Offline Tascosa

• Very Active Citizen
  • Amarillo, Texas-The heart of cattle country
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HOw aged will you admit to.
« on: June 24, 2004, 12:37:47 PM »
Ok Pards, who said "Hi-ho paint, let's get where we ain't"?
Tascosa
Ex-feedlot cowboy (ret)
Ex-cowboy (ret)
Ex-Sheriff's Sgt. (ret)
Ex-Chief of Police (ret)
BOLD 476

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: HOw aged will you admit to.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 01:02:28 PM »
What happened to old glory?

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline FloraBama Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Florida Bordertown
    • Panhandle Cowboys
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 01:03:22 PM »

Slim
I'm really lost now.. :-\
~~~SASS# 54776~~~ BOLD# 568~~~

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:54:13 AM »

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 01:06:46 PM »

Slim
I'm really lost now.. :-\
He had a picture of "Old Glory" in the post orginally.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 01:07:13 PM »
Ok Pards, who said "Hi-ho paint, let's get where we ain't"?
Tascosa
Hoppy?

Slim

Offline Tascosa

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 01:18:38 PM »
Slim I thought (a mistake, I know) that it was too big and didn't know how to make it smaller...
The answer isn't Hoppy... It was Pecos Pete, a cartoon character that I remember from the movies when I was a kid...
AND YES!! They did have 'talkies' when I was a kid!!!
Every time Pecos Pete would ride off in chase of the bad guys he'd yell "Hi-ho paint. Let's get where we ain't".
I can still hear him and that was a l-o-n-g time ago.
Now y'all have more useless information...
Tascosa
Ex-feedlot cowboy (ret)
Ex-cowboy (ret)
Ex-Sheriff's Sgt. (ret)
Ex-Chief of Police (ret)
BOLD 476

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 10:14:28 PM »
Tascosa,  You're teelin your age.  Most of thes young whippersnappers werent born before 1960.   They missed out on all the westerns that were on in the 50's.  I found some DVDs at Sams that had some Shotgun Slade and the Man from Cochise.   These kids don't know what theyre missing.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Tascosa

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2004, 08:51:44 AM »
HOwdy Texas Lawdog, getting older sure beats the alternative.
 :) I remember Saturday at the movies...I think is was about .25 cents for a double feature western (Sunset Carson, Wild Bill Elliott, Tex Ritter, etc.) and a bunch of cartoons to boot! Candy was .05 cents, and a coke was about the same. My personal favorite cowpoke were Tex Ritter (Heck he's a Texas boy) and Wild Bill Elliott.
I wonder how I grew up so normal..Those cartoons would be pretty violent.
I actually was afflicted with 'Cronic Fatigue Syndrome' but my dad thought I was just lazy ::)
Tascosa
Ex-feedlot cowboy (ret)
Ex-cowboy (ret)
Ex-Sheriff's Sgt. (ret)
Ex-Chief of Police (ret)
BOLD 476

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2004, 11:13:43 AM »
Life was sure  a lot more simple back then.  I watch the Westerns channel on cable now.  I have gotten to see a lot of those old westerns that we saw at the movies.  Did you know that Wild Bill Elliott was a tennis pro before he became a Movie Actor.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Tascosa

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2004, 02:06:05 PM »
Yep Texas lawdog, I knew that and he was raised on a horse ranch in Wyoming or Montana.
You're right, life was much more simple then.
Tascosa
Ex-feedlot cowboy (ret)
Ex-cowboy (ret)
Ex-Sheriff's Sgt. (ret)
Ex-Chief of Police (ret)
BOLD 476

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 11:58:28 AM »
I missed all of those since I was born at the end of 1964. I grew up on Bonanza and Gunsmoke reruns. I pick up DVDs of '50s and '60s TV westerns every chance I can to see what I missed.

Slim

Offline Brazos Bucky Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2004, 12:10:43 PM »
 :o My goodness Slim you are but a young rascal!

What about Crash Corrigan, Bob Steel, Hoot Gibson, Buster Crabbe, and those guys?  Use to watch them in So. Cal on what was then maybe less than five stations in the early fifties.  Then we'd go outside and play cowboys for hours.  shootin' each other with cap guns and die'in with the best of the outlaws!

Now you do that and the neighbors would demand your folks take ya to the Head Shrinker to see why your so violent!!

Oh well the fifties are gone, but now we have CAS!!  Hot Dog!

BB ;D

Brazos Bucky
"A man oughta do what he thinks is right."
BOLD #566, NRA Life (Endowment)
SASS #59058, SBSS #1605, SCORRS

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 12:22:16 PM »
:o My goodness Slim you are but a young rascal!

What about Crash Corrigan, Bob Steel, Hoot Gibson, Buster Crabbe, and those guys?  Use to watch them in So. Cal on what was then maybe less than five stations in the early fifties.  Then we'd go outside and play cowboys for hours.  shootin' each other with cap guns and die'in with the best of the outlaws!

Now you do that and the neighbors would demand your folks take ya to the Head Shrinker to see why your so violent!!

Oh well the fifties are gone, but now we have CAS!!  Hot Dog!

BB ;D

Yep.
My kids, the little filly, and I watch The Lone Ranger, Gene and Smiley, The Black Whip, the Duke and Gabby, Roy Rogers, etc. on  DVD. I bought some cap guns for the kids yesterday and need to buy some caps today because Wally World was all out of 'em. Got to raise the kids right.  ;)

Slim

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2004, 12:39:21 PM »
 :o Hey speakin of gettin the kids to shootin,  I just heard of the Buckaroo class for kids.  My Grandson and I just returned from the Oregon State CAS Champianships where we heard about the class.  He is all excited about learnin' how to shoot the cowboy way!

Anybody still have their old cap guns. In my gun case resides my ol' Lever action Mattle Rifle and my "Gene Autry 44" cap gun, along with a couple others.  get um' out every once in a while to show the grandkids what I played with as a kid.

BB
Brazos Bucky

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2004, 12:46:09 PM »
:o Hey speakin of gettin the kids to shootin,  I just heard of the Buckaroo class for kids.  My Grandson and I just returned from the Oregon State CAS Champianships where we heard about the class.  He is all excited about learnin' how to shoot the cowboy way!

Anybody still have their old cap guns. In my gun case resides my ol' Lever action Mattle Rifle and my "Gene Autry 44" cap gun, along with a couple others.  get um' out every once in a while to show the grandkids what I played with as a kid.

BB
Is the Buckaroo class SASS sanctioned or just a club class?

Slim

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2004, 12:52:37 PM »
Its just a local class, don't think it is SASS sanctioned.  I am told it is only at the local club level does not reach the regional level.

Closely monitored shooters, .22 Revolver, .22 lever action, and .410.  If they just have one gun thats what they get to shoot.  Pretty low key, its more to get the kids who are old enough to handle a gun and follow range rules a chance to shoot the cowboy way.  As I find out more would you like me to give you a headsup? ???

BB ;)
Brazos Bucky

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2004, 12:58:19 PM »
Its just a local class, don't think it is SASS sanctioned.  I am told it is only at the local club level does not reach the regional level.

Closely monitored shooters, .22 Revolver, .22 lever action, and .410.  If they just have one gun thats what they get to shoot.  Pretty low key, its more to get the kids who are old enough to handle a gun and follow range rules a chance to shoot the cowboy way.  As I find out more would you like me to give you a headsup? ???

BB ;)
That would be great as my oldest girl is 8 1/2 years old. She has shot my Single-six and Marlin 39 with my help.

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com