Author Topic: Schofield barrel rotating screw  (Read 598 times)

Offline Oranedward

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Schofield barrel rotating screw
« on: June 10, 2023, 12:46:35 PM »
I have a Uberti Schofield revolver. The only thing that I cannot get apart is the barrel rotation screw (bolt?). The blind side rotates when turning the slotted end. It seems that the blind side should have a groove that locks it into place. Mine does not do so. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, how did you fix it?

Offline U.S.M.R.

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Schofield barrel rotating screw
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 03:17:17 PM »
Perhaps if you got a small piece of steel and laid it over it and clamped it on either side with small c-clamps you could put enough pressure on it to keep it from turning.

Offline Cap'n Redneck

• Commd'g Co. D, Frontier Batt'n, Texas Rangers.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cap'n Redneck SWS #163.
  • GAF #: 273
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 05:20:28 AM »
My fix was to cut a screwdriver-slot in the bolthead using a Dremel tool fitted with a cutting disc.
"As long as there's lead in the air, there's still hope..."
Frontiersman & Frontiersman Gunfighter: The only two categories where you can play with your balls and shoot your wad while tweaking the nipples on a pair of 44s.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:44:19 AM »

Offline Oranedward

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 08:42:11 AM »
U.S.M.R.  — Thanks for the idea. Tried it with a rubber backer to give the steel some friction. I could not get the blank screw to hold.
Cap’n — Thank you, that will be my last resort. And I may be there. I have been hesitant because I always seem to slip and mar the finish on the gun when I try something like that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com