Author Topic: Happy New Year Coffee  (Read 6701 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Happy New Year Coffee
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2023, 11:48:47 PM »
Sourdough was a great success, but I'm a failure at that artisan bread, couldn't get big cracks in the crust and no big Swiss Cheese holes for the melted butter and the jelly to drip through.  Used bacon drippings also, but that's Yuppie approved now because you can buy it in stores.  I made my own. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2023, 09:00:39 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Another day of this stupid cold.

'Tis 24 and overcast. High of 31.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2023, 07:25:52 AM »
Morning y'all.

Another day of this stupid cold, but I'm going to verk.

'Tis 22 and overcast. "Cloudy. A chance of flurries in the morning  then a chance of light snow in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 30s. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 09:05:33 AM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2023, 09:12:51 AM »
Let us know when you have a smart cold. ;D

Wife says she has a bad head ache and I reminder her all head aches are bad, some worse than others, makes he so mad she forgets her head ache. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2023, 10:42:01 PM »
Well, 37 here right now, supposed to hit 45 tomorrow. Will help melt off the rest of the snow we got yesterday and this morning. Work has slowed down, so now I am only going to work 2-3 days a week.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2023, 07:32:41 AM »
Morning y'all.

1"+ of white overcast.

'Tis 21 and flurries. "Cloudy. Light snow likely in the morning  then a chance of flurries in the afternoon. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. Nearly steady temperature in the mid 20s. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent."

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2023, 07:57:58 AM »
Morning all.

31 and some light slush falling from the sky.

Spent yesterday teaching a coworker to drive a manual, and also do my job. He’s a good guy, a little too worried about traffic laws while learning to shift on a private dirt road.

On todays list, I get to drive to Idaho to pick up a portapotty, then go feed horses.

—Tak
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2023, 09:03:51 AM »
Kid
I remember how I learned to drive a manual shift.  It consisted of being told how to do it, then being turned loose in an A&P grocery store parking lot.
Oh I forgot to mention the fully articulated snow plow on the front, the foot of snow in the lot I was supposed to push to the corners, the light poles to avoid and this had to be done before the store opened!  Somehow the poles, the truck (clutch, transmission, body and all) and me all survived and I came out a “clutcher”.  Oh, and this was done at around 3:00 AM, while snowing, and I was only 18.  Needless to say traffic laws were not even on my mind ;D.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2023, 11:17:41 AM »
Kid
I remember how I learned to drive a manual shift.  It consisted of being told how to do it, then being turned loose in an A&P grocery store parking lot.
Oh I forgot to mention the fully articulated snow plow on the front, the foot of snow in the lot I was supposed to push to the corners, the light poles to avoid and this had to be done before the store opened!  Somehow the poles, the truck (clutch, transmission, body and all) and me all survived and I came out a “clutcher”.  Oh, and this was done at around 3:00 AM, while snowing, and I was only 18.  Needless to say traffic laws were not even on my mind ;D.

Quit yer whining, you lived didn't you, if you would have got killed they would have made you walk it off.   ;D  I was 12 and it was in the pasture.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2023, 04:35:42 PM »
Quit yer whining, you lived didn't you, if you would have got killed they would have made you walk it off.   ;D  I was 12 and it was in the pasture.

Come on Del
I'll bet your pasture didn't have 3 ft diameter bunkers planted around it.  Try an evade all those critters in your attempt to raise,lower and tilt the plow at the same time.  Reminds me of the Kids "one legged man in a butt kicking contest".  I did say I survived, as well as the truck and a large portion of the light bases.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2023, 09:13:24 PM »
My Uncle D taught me to drive stick on an ancient Ford half ton with 3 on the tree.
Supposed to hit 35 tonight, then mid 50s tomorrow. Gonna check at the Consignment shop tomorrow for a dehydrator or toaster oven, needed for my brass drying. It's the half-price weekend, so wish me luck. Also, brought home 2 guns today. A Uberti Schofield back from Cimmaron , got a new cylinder as the first was miscut and split brass on one hole. The other is a mud puppy S&W Victory that has been given some strange attention lavished on it over the years. Pics in the Zoot forum here.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2023, 06:32:58 AM »
I learned to drive a stick from the beginning, in my Dad's '65 Ford Falcon. Seven miles of gravel road out to my Grandparents' farm. That thing had a really touchy clutch, pedal only moved about 1/2 inch from fully disengaged to fully engaged. Was easy to kill that little 200 cubic inch six it had. Good training vehicle!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2023, 06:46:50 AM »
Completed a little "smithing" for the LGS yesterday on a Remington 7400.
The gun had been stored, 14 years in a closet.
It needed a detail cleaning, and the stock finish at the butt plate was munged up from oil draining down.
Finish that and the guy wanted to buy and have a scope mounted. I did so and bore sighted it.

I get little projects like that from time to time, adds "alms" to my Gun a holic fund.

45 this morning, Haircut for a photo, because I have to renew my CCW permit, and they require a current mug shot.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2023, 09:38:04 AM »
Come on Del
I'll bet your pasture didn't have 3 ft diameter bunkers planted around it.  Try an evade all those critters in your attempt to raise,lower and tilt the plow at the same time.  Reminds me of the Kids "one legged man in a butt kicking contest".  I did say I survived, as well as the truck and a large portion of the light bases.

We learned to drive a stick before we were allowed to touch a slush box.   ::)   By 16 if you couldn't drive a stick shift you were required to squat when you peed.  LOL that will get you in trouble for saying it today.  ::)   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2023, 10:12:26 AM »
I took my Drivers test in 1956 in my Dad's van. He did not own a car at that time. It had a 4-speed floor shift but you only used the top three gears. No directionals so you had to hand signal.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2023, 10:44:06 AM »
Well, I got to work and my sub was already there, seems the supervisor had thought I wanted to take today off in exchange for working last Saturday. So I thought-that's a great idea! So here I am at home, on a sunny, mid 40's Friday.

When I was in the Army, as a motor pool mechanic, they had me teach some of the drivers how to drive a stick. There was a big gravel parking lot out behind motor pool row, took them out there in an M-151 Jeep. Some of them had grown up in the city, and never even learned to drive before Uncle Sam wanted them to. One girl was excited to get to learn to drive a "boy" car. She said automatics were "girl" cars and sticks were "boy cars".

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2023, 11:18:36 AM »
First car was a Karmann Ghia, floor shift. Second car was a Studebaker Lark, 4 on the column.

I taught my wife to drive on a floor shift Datsun pick-up. She'd only driven automatics up until then.

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2023, 04:57:44 PM »
I learned to drive a stick in my dad's 1970 Dodge 1 ton pickup with a crew cab and duel rear wheels.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2023, 08:37:05 PM »
 Evening all.

Old Man Winter showed back up and decided to grace us with 6” of new white stuff. Interstate is a mess, but that’s normal. ::)

I learned stick in a 1994 Ford Ranger at 14 or 15, then went to a 2005 Subaru Outback. These days I’m pretty well relegated to work trucks, mostly 6, 10 and 18 speeds. I also have a bit of time in a twin stick Kenworth 8)

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2023, 07:29:33 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis 5 and overcast. "Colder. Cloudy with a chance of light snow. Highs in the middle teens. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent."

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com