Author Topic: GAF Strikes Gold at End of Trail!!!  (Read 8088 times)

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: GAF Strikes Gold at End of Trail!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2006, 03:25:28 PM »
Captain Baylor,

Thanks for the words and the point on the little details that turned out to be the margin of victory.  The Chaplain was decked out to the nines....Oh, I am quite aware of the difficulty of competing against yourself, or Sgt Drydock.  It was my pleasure to see Sgt Drydock awarded such honors last year at the Grand Army of the Frontiers National Championship.  Man, was he impressive.  US Scout cleans up good too! 

To your point though, you are correct and I agree whole-heartedly, you can't win if you don't play and the more folks who dress military in Best Dressed competitions and the actual shooting portions takes us towards the fulfillment of a Military shooting class that I pitched to Tex. (He was receptive to what I was pitching too.)  For those interested PM me or email me and I will send you the guidelines which I sent to Tex. 

Now Captain Baylor on to your point about not being able to compete in that uniform is a good one.  However, it gives me the opportunity to put some other uniforms together.  I have a Civil War Marine Outfit I can roll out.  There is also the Berdan Sharpshooter outfit I am toying with putting together, or some of my Spanish - American War Outfits.....
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 07:21:47 AM »
GAF follows the same general rule with regard to the uniform competion.  If you win in a GAF competiion, the uniform can't be worn in another GAF competion (which so far is only the GAF Muster, but I see this expanding before long).

However, winning in a SASS or NCOWS competion, does not prohibit wearing the same uniform in a GAF competion.  Nor does winning in a GAF Competion prohibit it from being worn in a SASS or NCOWS competion. 

Too bad SASS and NCOWS don't have a rule that once a set of guns have been used to win a competion, they can't be used to win again!  :o ;D

All that said, Well Done to Bvt Lt Col and Maj Matt Lewis for his excellent accomplishment. 

This achievement entitles Maj Lewis to a Star of Merit.  However, until the website can be brought back up to date, you'll just have to hold on to that information until then.

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 02:32:45 PM »
GAF follows the same general rule with regard to the uniform competion.  If you win in a GAF competiion, the uniform can't be worn in another GAF competion (which so far is only the GAF Muster, but I see this expanding before long).

OH GOOD! I was desparing of ever beating Rattlesnake Jack and that great big tall hat of his! ;)
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:59:41 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com