Author Topic: Forehand & Wadsworth revolving pistols  (Read 5946 times)

Offline Short Knife Johnson

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Forehand & Wadsworth revolving pistols
« on: October 02, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »
Good day all.

I just made a purchase of a Forehand & Wadsworth in .32 calibre with those automatic self cocking triggers.  ;)  Purchased over firearmscanada.com.  The pics look good and I'll try to post them here.  I'm just wondering where I can find more information about the history of the company.  My goal is to try and get it deregistered as an antique in the Canadian system.  I know F&W became Forehand arms as of 1890 due to the retirement of Wadsworth.  Were the subsequent products then stamped 'Forehand arms'?  It is only marked .32 cal. 6-shot.  So it's a dinky little thing, but I would also need to know which .32 cartridge.  If anyone knows of a source of info with production dates etc... I would be much obliged.

PS He also had a slick little Marlin engraved out the yin-yang that had been in the family for 3 generations with a neat (grim) backstory.  Just tossed in the pic of it for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
Re: Forehand & Wadsworth revolving pistols
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 03:34:38 PM »
I have some material on the Forehand and Wadsworth company - but digging it out might take me some time.

They're neat little revolvers - I have a number of them - and .32 Short works just fine.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Short Knife Johnson

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 06:29:23 PM »
That would be muy bueno, gracias.

I have found it useful to get all the info and references you can before you call the Cdn. Firearms Centre, and totally overwhelm their so-called technicians with data.  Just make it look like you know more than they do.  I'm really looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on this one.  I think there is a whole raft of quality and still affordable "no name" guns out there that have yet to be discovered.  I'd like to get my seller some info on the little Marlin pictured.  I don't think he has much appreciation for it other than the heirloom value of it.  He tells me his grandfather confiscated that piece from a good friend of his he caught trying to commit suicide with it.  From the sound of it, it was during the depression of the 1930's.  So the gun was passed down, and now he has it.  I just wish they ALL could talk.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:10:42 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com