Author Topic: S&W PC Schofield part names?  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Injun Ryder

• Active citizen
  • SASS #: 36201L
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
S&W PC Schofield part names?
« on: April 29, 2009, 09:43:14 AM »
Does anyone know the part names (and part numbers) for the following items in the extractor assembly of a S&W Performance Center Schofield?

1. The tube that the cylinder fits on. It is the one that is slotted on one end and fits inside the barrel assembly. The cam fits in the slot and pushes the extractor rod when you open the frame. (mine is cracked).
2. The large spring that returns the extractor to the face of the cylinder. It fits inside the above tube.
3. The spring collar that restrains the above spring on the extractor rod.

As an aside, is there a schematic for the S&W available? I have some for the Ubertis, but they are not the same.
If it ain't life threatenin', it ain't worth worryin' about.

Offline The Wizard

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
Re: S&W PC Schofield part names?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »
I think if you go to the Smith and Wesson web site you can view/download a copy of the Schofield manual.  In fact I will do the work for you. Go here http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/other/Schofield.pdf

Offline Injun Ryder

• Active citizen
  • SASS #: 36201L
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:58:06 PM »
Thanks for the info but that is not what I need. I already have that manual with the revolver.

I need a schematic that defines the specific parts. I have contacted S&W to get replacements but have been only able to leave messages. I am afraid that my attempts to define the parts may be lacking as I have received no response to date.

If it ain't life threatenin', it ain't worth worryin' about.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:44:08 AM »

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:03:20 AM »
Take a look at that manual and see if there's an email address that ends in 'smith-wesson.com' and send that address a note.

Their Customer Service has always had a 'live' person answering whenever I've talked with them.

If you sent in your Warranty Card, they're serious about making you happy, and if you haven't - send it in now and wait about a month before you ask about parts.

They'll do the needed work and they'll send you a Shipping Label that covers associated costs through FedEx, so there's no out-of-pocket expense to you, and their turn-around is fairly fast.

That being said - they only warranty for standard ammuntion fired through an un-modified revolver, so if you did anything to make BP easier to use, you likely voided the warranty.

It's my understanding that S&W has a 'very' limited number of spares, since the weapon's discontinued - they supposedly sold what spares as there were to Numrich - though I've never seen them listed.

Good Luck!

Vaya,

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com