Special Interests - Groups & Societies > 1860 Henry

1866 carbines

<< < (2/3) > >>

Baltimore Ed:
I waited months for my ‘66 musket. Runs great. A beautiful rifle. Not as muzzle heavy as my original ‘73 musket. January 22-23 is another anniversary of Rorkes Drift so at my clubs shoot I'll be Colour Sgt Bourne but I cant decide which musket I should use. I like the long barrel of the 73 but the 66 would be more period correct.

KWK:
Nice, I didn't know they'd still make one of those. They don't list it on the factory web site.

I'd like to see one with that barrel over a half magazine. Winchester actually made at least one in the '73. It has a 26" barrel, but I'd prefer a crescent butt. Pity Uberti got the angle of the butt stock wrong, but they did better on their '66.

Baltimore Ed:
I called Taylor's &Co about ordering parts to build a ‘66 musket and the gal i spoke to said why do that when you can special order one, so I did. We’ll notify you when it comes in, don't need your money up front as we can easily sell it if you change your mind. Initially they said a years wait but I think it was only 6 months. After a few false notifications it arrived. I sent them 1330.00.  I think the sights are better than my buds 66 musket as I can see my sights better than his.
Going to shoot the ‘66 next month in ‘Natal’. I’ll cut my beard back to muttonchops before the shoot.

Advertising:

Niederlander:
Is yours in .44-40 or .45 Colt?  If in .45 Colt, how does it work with black powder?

Baltimore Ed:
Me or the op? Mine is 44-40. Never shot black in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version