Special Interests - Groups & Societies > SCORRS

1858 Pieta NIB Cylinder in 1/2 cock

<< < (4/4)

River City John:

--- Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on July 04, 2022, 04:30:59 PM ---I've had good results with handsprings made from piano wire. This one is .028 or .032, I believe. I just flatten the end and install it in the same groove as the original flat spring. I've never had a piano wire spring fail.

If I break a bolt spring, I replace that with one made of .050 piano wire. it's tough stuff to bend but when the job is done, they are more reliable.

Sorry I don't have photos of Remington parts with them but the methods are the same.

--- End quote ---

;D ;D
Plus every time you cock your piece it plays a tune . . .

Marshal Will Wingam:

--- Quote from: russ1943 on July 08, 2022, 09:38:11 AM ---THANKS
Nice I got a lot of hands with broken springs, I can custom make them now!  GREAT

--- End quote ---
Here's a video on installing piano wire springs another way.

--- Quote from: River City John on July 08, 2022, 11:08:47 AM --- ;D ;D
Plus every time you cock your piece it plays a tune . . .

--- End quote ---
That puts a whole different meaning to "tuning" your action. ;D

Cheyenne Logan:
Thanks for the video Marshall Will, good idea but I think you method is as good and easier to pull off. Knew Michael Allee back in my Kansas days.....good gunsmith.

Advertising:

Marshal Will Wingam:

--- Quote from: Cheyenne Logan on May 26, 2023, 01:03:57 PM ---Thanks for the video Marshall Will, good idea but I think you method is as good and easier to pull off. Knew Michael Allee back in my Kansas days.....good gunsmith.

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I have yet to have one give up. It's crude but effective. I suppose a piano wire spring could be silver soldered into the groove if you couldn't get the groove to pinch it securely enough. A dot of solder would hold it forever.

How cool to have met him. I like his methods but never wanted to go to all that much work. They'll never fail, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version