Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Zoot Shooters

The Hi-Power is back!

<< < (4/4)

Jeff Michel:

--- Quote from: Niederlander on April 05, 2022, 08:59:18 PM ---It looks great, but I bet it still bites my hand.  I've always wondered why they don't just extend the tang.

--- End quote ---

Springfield seems to have corrected this problem. I have around 500 rounds through mine, excellent trigger, no bite, decent sights, no jams.....yet.

Major 2:
Almost bought a post war FN a few years ago. but the serial number had been shaved :o
a MAJOR NO-NO ! ........nooooooooooo

1961MJS:
Hi YEARS AGO, the BATF would put on a new serial number if you turned it in.  A friend of mine did that on a 16 gauge that he found somewhere in water (if memory serves) before 1980.  No clue what they'd do now.

Later

Advertising:

Major 2:

--- Quote from: 1961MJS on October 28, 2022, 11:14:53 PM ---Hi YEARS AGO, the BATF would put on a new serial number if you turned it in.  A friend of mine did that on a 16 gauge that he found somewhere in water (if memory serves) before 1980.  No clue what they'd do now.

Later

Almost bought a post war FN a few years ago. but the serial number had been shaved :o
a MAJOR NO-NO ! ........nooooooooooo

--- End quote ---

I've had read where a BATF S# can be applied (though I don't know the procedure) or if that is still the case (laws change).
I believe it pertained to a gun that never had a serial number.
There was a time when a number was not a universal requirement.

An FN was not one of those, the gun in question had grip tape where the shaved S# should have been.
The gun could not be legally sold without the S#. The consigner/possessor was so informed.

The possessor (I use that, in leu of OWNER  :-\) was given the benefit of doubt and was advised to disassemble the gun for parts and destroy the frame.
Having it is a felony.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version