Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Shotguns

newbie shotgun question

(1/2) > >>

Druggist:
Howdy folks.  I've become interested in CAS and am frustrated over shotguns.  I've read the SASS rules concerning what is and isn't legal but am unable to find a definitive list of approved shotguns.  What I'd like to know is the following:

1.  Is any sxs that does NOT have mechanical extractors/ejectors an approved shotgun?

2.  IF a person finds a non-vented ribbed/older sxs with mechanical extractors and either removes them or makes them inoperable, is it then an approved shotgun?

I'm the type of guy that likes something other than run-of-the-mill stuff so if I found an old Ithaca or stevens/savage sxs I'd like to be able to use that.

If this question has been answered, just point me in the right direction please.  TIA

Mean Bob Mean:

--- Quote from: Druggist on March 23, 2014, 07:04:42 PM ---1.  Is any sxs that does NOT have mechanical extractors/ejectors an approved shotgun?

--- End quote ---

Yes

--- Quote from: Druggist on March 23, 2014, 07:04:42 PM ---2.  IF a person finds a non-vented ribbed/older sxs with mechanical extractors and either removes them or makes them inoperable, is it then an approved shotgun?

--- End quote ---

Yes, but white line spacers on recoil plates and pads are frowned upon as well. 

Remember though, that if it has really fine wood you have to give it to me, that's a little known rule that you need not worry about, just do it. 

Your true friend,

Mean Bob

Druggist:
If it has really nice wood you get it?  Not gonna happen! ;D  That is one reason for the question.  It is hard to find nice wood these days for sure.

I'm guessing that the white line spacer is a non-period correct issue and really nothing more?  I guess you could remove that too.

Thanks for the answer as that clears things up a bit.

Advertising:

Mean Bob Mean:
Anytime amigo, have fun.

Pettifogger:
The two most popular side-by-sides for CAS are the SKB and Browning BSS.  Both come with ejectors.  Disabling them is simply part of the job done to make them competition ready.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version