Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Shotguns

Blueing on the Cimarron Coach Guns

<< < (2/2)

litl rooster:

--- Quote from: Abilene on November 21, 2013, 08:51:27 PM ---I'm not sure if the acidic Coca Cola might not harm regular bluing as well if you leave it on.  As for Beer, well that might not hurt the blue but what a waste of beer  ;D

--- End quote ---

Coca cola will eat paint off your car. I flat guarantee it is not good for any bluing. Be careful with household cleaning products also, like windex.

Blair:
litl rooster,

Does this sound a bit like using home made soap as a bullet lube, or hydrogen peroxide as a cleaning solution for bp firearms?
(Topics on two other threads on this forum.)
Thanks for your reply.
My best,
Blair

litl rooster:

--- Quote from: Blair on November 23, 2013, 02:54:27 PM ---litl rooster,

Does this sound a bit like using home made soap as a bullet lube, or hydrogen peroxide as a cleaning solution for bp firearms?
(Topics on two other threads on this forum.)
Thanks for your reply.
My best,
Blair

--- End quote ---

the Hydrogen peroxide cleaning solution has been batted around alot here over the past decade. The soap for lube I haven't read but I guess now I should.

Advertising:

Seth Hawkins:
My wife shoots a Cimarron (TTN) 1878 Coach Gun that's blued and I can tell you from first hand experience that the bluing on the receiver is very durable.  As Abilene stated, it doesn't appear to have been polished at all before being blued.  The frame is almost black.  I don't mean to imply that the gun isn't a good gun.  It is.  The fit and finish is OK considering it's a Chinese gun, but it functions great.  I didn't have to do anything to it to get it to function properly out of the box.

I shoot one that has a casehardened receiver.  The casehardening is beautiful.  It, too, functioned great out of the box.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version