Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Winchester Model 1876

Rear Sights for 76

<< < (2/8) > >>

Grizzly Adams:

--- Quote from: larryo_1 on May 12, 2008, 05:14:55 PM ---Grizz:
Here is what I have found out about the Smith sight situation:  I called BA today to check on my order.  Was told that I best forget Smiths as they are under contract with the military as is Jamison.  Asked what would be like that Smith and was told to look on page 129 of their catalog.  There at the bottom are two Winchester rear barrel sights.  So I canceled my Smith order and now have one coming that is the "Short Staff" sight.  Cheaper by a bit also.   Since I don't plan on any 1000 yard shooting-near-sighted ya know!  That short one will work just fine.  As for the front sight, Got one picked out and looks like I'll need a 0.410" to do the job but won't know for sure till that rear sight comes.  Since we are only a snort 'n a holler from BA, that rear sight should be here this week and then I'll know about those measurements for sure.

So, pass this around to those that might be interested.     :)

--- End quote ---

Yep, that's what I had heard also.  Too bad, it's a nice sight, but the one you ordered is also a great sight.  Thanks for the update. :)

OKDEE:
Hello, 

I am looking for a barrel mounted single leaf rear sight like the one below.  Does anyone know where I could find one?  Even if it is a replica, I think that would work.  Heck even something close to it would be nice.

Cheers,
Oklahoma Dee

kurt250:
contact axtill rifle company. sometimes known" the riflesmith"check out there web site. they make wounderful tang sights for sharps, remmingtons, and wenchesters. i use them both. never any problem with them. gotzguns

Grizzly Adams:

--- Quote from: OKDEE on August 20, 2008, 08:45:57 AM ---Hello, 

I am looking for a barrel mounted single leaf rear sight like the one below.  Does anyone know where I could find one?  Even if it is a replica, I think that would work.  Heck even something close to it would be nice.

Cheers,
Oklahoma Dee

--- End quote ---

Hi, Okee.

I don't know of anyone who makes a copy of the Lyman #6  sight.  I have an original example that I purchased off of ebay.  They show up there now and again.  Marbles has this rear sporting sight that folds down out of the way.......

http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,5433.html

Also this type:  http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,4895.html  There are many others shown in differing heights etc.

Ruger also has a folding sight that looks like the small Marbles above, that they use on the 1022.

OKDEE:
Thanks Kurt and Grizz!  ;D

Both are great insight for me!

Cheers,
Oklahoma Dee

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version