CAS TOPICS > The Longbranch

Guns of the Old West Magazine.

(1/6) > >>

RRio:
From past issues, it was getting bad enough, but now with Dennis Adler leaving, I do not see it getting any better. Last issue (Summer 2021) they had stories that had absolutely nothing to do with guns of the old west like "Dirty Secrets of the Donner Party" , story about Winchester Model 12, which I do not consider a gun of the old west. I believe the magazine is on it's downhill death spiral, as so many of the other cowboy related gun magazines have gone.  :'(

Major 2:
Adler is leaving to follow his Airsoft & BB gun phase, ...  Well Bye !  ,  I have no interest in that youth discipline.
Never a big fan of him anyway  :-\

I admit the Summer issue was not much, but the Spring issue had better content,  it seems to run like that hot to cold .
Still, I may  renew  :-\ GOTOW is the only publication I subscribe to... with exception to
 The Shootist , the NCOWS publication which I'll continue to support .  I even write for it on occasion.
And I get the GCA quarterly  , Garand Collectors Asso. offering, which has some interesting stories, facts and photo's.

However, I have received the last American Rifleman, I'll want to pay for , as it contains to much Politico and  the newest Tupperware or Black gun offering. All of little real interest to me . Actually the only thing in it I care for is the last page " I have this old gun "  and that is after I waded through or picked up  all the too many re-new membership leaflets.
They can keep it, the ball caps & Chinese knock off  folding knives too.

Rye Miles:

--- Quote from: Major 2 on July 12, 2021, 07:39:43 AM ---Adler is leaving to follow his Airsoft & BB gun phase, ...  Well Bye !  ,  I have no interest in that youth discipline.
Never a big fan of him anyway  :-\

I admit the Summer issue was not much, but the Spring issue had better content,  it seems to run like that hot to cold .
Still, I may  renew  :-\ GOTOW is the only publication I subscribe to... with exception to
 The Shootist , the NCOWS publication which I'll continue to support .  I even write for it on occasion.
And I get the GCA quarterly  , Garand Collectors Asso. offering, which has some interesting stories, facts and photo's.

However, I have received the last American Rifleman, I'll want to pay for , as it contains to much Politico and  the newest Tupperware or Black gun offering. All of little real interest to me . Actually the only thing in it I care for is the last page " I have this old gun "  and that is after I waded through or picked up  all the too many re-new membership leaflets.
They can keep it, the ball caps & Chinese knock off  folding knives too.

The American Rifleman is free from the NRA. You pay for it?? I don't understand.

--- End quote ---

Advertising:

Major 2:

--- Quote from: Rye Miles on July 12, 2021, 07:59:50 AM ---
"The American Rifleman is free from the NRA. You pay for it?? I don't understand."

--- End quote ---

Via membership

Dave T:
After discovering it over a year ago I subscribed just based on the name. I have always been disappointed in every issue. I didn't renew the subscription but they continued sending me magazines for a few issues. Been a while since I got one...and I don't miss it at all.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version