GENERAL TOPICS > Tall Tales

It's November, what ever, who cares.

<< < (34/36) > >>

Major 2:
Okra...
drench  in buttermilk, then roll in all purpose flour, dip again and roll in cornmeal mixture,  add garlic salt & pepper.
  heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry okra,  for 1-1/2  minutes on each side or until golden brown....
Then throw it the hell out   :D

Silver Creek Slim:
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

Got 8'x24' section of the shed floor done. Another 5'x24' section to go.

'Tis 30 and sunny. High of 43.

Slim

River City John:
We raised okra in the garden three years ago. I am fond of okra.
One thing I learned, when they start to produce, harvest daily when they're around three inches in length. Very tender and tasty.

Wait too long and they're only good for craft projects to dry out and make rattles out of with the loose seeds inside the pod. As they dry out, they split at the lengthwise ridges and expose the white underlay, creates a striking striated green and white effect you can then varnish after sure they're bone dry. Drill the stem at the cap and mount on a nicely branched bough and add feathers or yarn. Great rhythm makers.

RCJ

Advertising:

Delmonico:
Okra makes very good pickles also but are often best stewed (gumbo) to bring out the full slimy effect. ;D

The Trinity Kid:
Did you know that cooking your kale leaves in coconut oil makes it easier to scrape into the trash? ::)

Morning all.

Today’s regimen has thus far included deworming a horse, frying eggs, and pulling a small car out of the snow with a 2wd backhoe. I am not qualified to operate a backhoe, but I didn’t break anything, so I’m counting it as a success.

—TK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version