CAS TOPICS > Gun Reviews

Taylor's Cattleman Photo Engraved Revolver

(1/4) > >>

olered:
My local gun shop called me today to let me know they just got one of these in. A couple of things I would like to learn before going to see it. What is Photo Engraving and Coin Finish with Hardening? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Major 2:
Coin finish refers to bright or high polish in the white ....not to be confused with Nickel

I suppose one could say polished SS is a mimic of coin finish  w/ heat treatment
I believe photo engraving is an acid etching using a acid resistant film template.

course , I thought maybe I'd been wrong before, turn out I was mistaken though 

olered:
Ok that makes sense on both questions but now another quandary to the mix. Taylor's and Cimarron show what appears the same revolver, same engraving on them. Only difference I see is grips. Taylor's calls their s a Cattleman and Cimarron a Frontier. Taylor's is about $150 more than Cimarron. Taylor's that much better?

Advertising:

Major 2:
Cattleman is Uberti's nomenclature

Cimarron uses "Frontier" on their imported Pietta

Both SAA clone's , not the same gun however

olered:

--- Quote from: Major 2 on March 25, 2015, 07:23:42 PM ---Cattleman is Uberti's nomenclature

Cimarron uses "Frontier" on their imported Pietta

Both SAA clone's , not the same gun however

--- End quote ---

I was under the impression that Uberti made revolvers for both Cimarron ond Taylor's. All I have for comparison is pictures from both sites and they have the same engraving and finish. The only difference is the grip. I will have to look further into this. I called my dealer and he was mistaken as the revolver he has came from Cimarron not Taylor's. Must be some subtle differences I am not catching. Going to look the Frontier over tomorrow. Thanks for the help Major.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version