Author Topic: 32-20  (Read 10381 times)

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: 32-20
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 06:00:34 PM »
Thanks Pony.  I've done the same on several hundred rounds of ammo and it works fine as long as the cases have a good spray of lube prior.

Still not happy with my loads to date.  Too much time on Dillion machines and ACP/44sp/45 Colt cases I suspect.

I had used Lee dies on a Lee machine years ago but also always or almost always was using new or once fired brass.  So now I have at least once fired Rem and Win brass (which are no where close to the same length) much of it fired with hot/max loads in a antique Marlin and a new Browning 53.   So they all needed serious resizing.

Milled off the bottom of the Layman sizing die some as GaryG suggested to use them on the 550.  Which helped a good bit.  Using Oregon trail 110 FN lead with a bevel base.  And can generally get a decent round that will fit my pistol chambers...generally......and that is with *no* crimp.   Lack of a crimp won't work in the rifles but suspect it will be fine in the handguns.  Thoughts?

Still dicking with it and waiting on a new powder measure to show prior to final set it up and running some loaded  ammo.

Gotta say I love my big bore six guns but these little 32s are really fun gun to shoot.   Right now the extra effort seems worth it.

Suggestions welcome...on any other tips. 

"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 07:35:11 PM »
Take one of the rounds that will NOT chamber and coat it with magic marker put it in the chamber as far as it will go and then take it back out. You will have clean spots wherever it is contacting the chamber. wMY
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 09:01:17 PM »
What bullets and powders are you guys using?

Favorite or most accurate hand gun loads?

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 02:40:02 AM »

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 09:31:03 PM »
If you have enough stations on the Dillon, you might try getting a Lee Factory Crimp die for the 32-20. Instead of a roll crimp, it uses a collet to "squeeze' a crimp similar to some factory rifle ammo. It's not as sensitive to case OAL as the regular roll crimp is.

I have a thousand or so Desperado bullets with BP lube, for mine, but hadn't loaded any for years, until a few weeks ago. Loaded some with Bullseye for my S&W DA, and some with Goex for my '89 Marlin. Of course, I forgot to mark them, and messed up, so my S&W needs a real good cleaning now.....

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 12:10:08 PM »
More I shoot it the more I really like the 32-20.  Great caliber and very accurate in my guns.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com