CAS TOPICS > The Longbranch

A point I was pondering on

<< < (4/5) > >>

St. George:
One of the "benefits" of a "one revolver" class would be the associated cost reduction.
C&WAS is not a cheap game to buy into - especially for a new guy first hearing its siren song, and we're just talking about the shooting battery and not the clothing andleather...
The happy by-product would be all those "extra" revolvers available for sale to those new guys...
They could use the savings to buy more ammunition, or a "better" rifle, the sellers could get new leather, the vendors could vend and the makers could make and everyone'd win.
What a concept!

Scouts Out!

Tres Equis:
Why don't you write a couple of stages for your club that only require one pistol?

Marauder:
We had a pard moved to our area from New York.  He explained that tin the New York club, they had a one pistol category for folks that either didn't have two or wanted to shoot just one.

As to reloading, most of us are pretty slow at doing a  full pistol reload - except the top shooters of course.  So that normally slows down the pace quite a bit and except for the fun of watching fumbles  ;D , most folks get tired of it pretty soon.

So the idea of a single pistol category is a good option, especially at local matches.  But it wouldn't have to be the classic category, because many newer shooters may not want to start off shooting duelist style.

Advertising:

Camille Eonich:

--- Quote from: Jax Orebetter on February 29, 2004, 09:32:39 AM ---Yep, you can write the stages however you want to.  I have shot all shotgun stages, rifle/pistols, even a couple where you had X number of rounds and you could divide them up into what ever firearms you wanted to use, engage all the targets in the order and with the firearm of your choice. THat was probably one of the most fun stages I have shot.

--- End quote ---

We've done something like this at a local match except you did have a required number of round for each gun.  Targets were all knock downs and you could shoot them in any order with any gun.  It gets interesting!  I love 'em like that!

Paper Chaser:
Howdy, Pards.  The SECRET to a quick reload is to use a "Schofield Speedloader" (illegal of course), but it is fun. Without it I can reload my Schofield: best time = 8 seconds, worst time = I'll never tell.  Shoot straight and be SAFE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version