Author Topic: OT: Need a RELIABLE DSL provider.  (Read 3065 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
OT: Need a RELIABLE DSL provider.
« on: May 09, 2005, 09:55:53 AM »
I've about had it with Verizon after two years.

They're down way too often. My wife needs it for her homework, but it's so unreliable that she spends half her time at the school because we can't get on line at home.

Anybody know of one that's better and won't break the bank?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: OT: Need a RELIABLE DSL provider.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 12:20:57 PM »
I've had SBC DSL for over 4 years now, and only one or two short outages.  The outage problem could very well be regional, and not provider related.  The provider that works in one area my not have the infrastructure needed to keep that reliability in another area.  You really need to check with other Internet people in your immediate area, and find out what is working for them.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 09:12:57 PM »
I have been Mr. Cheap for long enough and have been looking into upgrading from dial-up and for my money, cable is the way to go.  I called the DSL folks (In my area that would be the phone company) and they told me that if I bought this "package" then I could get DSL and it would only cost me that amount and at the end of it all I figured that I would be paying almost 1.5 times the price for cable and be getting a much slower connection.  I asked "OK, what is the advantage over cable?"  To that there was no answer. 

Now That 1.5 times is because my phone would have to remain plugged into the wall.  I already have a cell phone and haven't used my home phone for anything other than ruining telemarketers' days for months now.  There really is no need for a land line in my household.  Once I get rid of the phone and drop dial-up I will actually end up saving three dollars!!

If you must have a home phone then you need to do some figuring for yourself and I'd do exactly what Russ T said.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:26:04 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com