Author Topic: Added a really nice one and now I have a trio.  (Read 872 times)

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
Added a really nice one and now I have a trio.
« on: March 12, 2023, 05:19:19 PM »
Went to a gun show this weekend in Sweetwater, Texas. It is the same time every year and usually the best in this area. There are always plenty of “old west” stuff, my favorite. Well, as you would know it I spied this Winchester new model 1886 that I just couldn’t stop thinking about. There was a pretty good crowd of folks there so I made one complete round so I could see mostly everything to see if there was anything I liked better than the 1886 I had seen. Didn’t see anything that really gripped my fancy like the 86 did so I went back to where it was. I asked the owner what his out the door price was and he quoted me a price $200 less than what he had it marked so I counted it out and handed it to him. We shook hands and sealed the deal and now it is enjoying a space next to my other two 1886’s. 😊

I can not find this rifle catalogued anywhere. It is a new Miroku made Winchester 1886 Deluxe T/D Rifle with half octagon half round barrel in 45-70 with what looks like a German silver or nickel plated forearm nose cap and crescent butt plate. Any help with identifying who the distributer is/was would be greatly appreciated.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
Re: Added a really nice one and now I have a trio.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 10:03:13 PM »
That's got some beautiful wood on it! Congrats!
King Medallion

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 09:29:33 AM »

:) Buckaroo  ;)

What an incredibly SWELL FIND!!  Itsa really gorgeous rifle.  The furniture just makes it POP!!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:49:59 AM »

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 12:58:15 PM »
My taste generally runs to plane-Jane working guns.  That being said no one who likes the guns of the Old West, and particularly lever action Winchesters, could help but admire and marvel at the beauty of that rifle's wood and what appears to be just a beautiful rifle over all.  Congratulations!

Dave

Offline Roosterman

• Top Active Citizen
    • Muzzleloading guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 10:38:36 AM »
Nice looking gun.
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 05:32:53 PM »
Well, I finally got around to calling Winchester today and was informed my 1886 was a special run for Davidsons back in 2008. The lady also told me they often have calls for individuals looking to purchase one of these rifles and that I was fortunate to have found one.

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 03:30:45 PM »
Finally made it out to the range yesterday for a short shooting session with the new-to-me Winchester/Miroku 1886. I had only six rounds that I had loaded to see how this rifle would like these particular reloads. I forgot I was in a friends truck so I ran off without my sand bags and other paraphernalia. I had to borrow hearing protection from my friend. I shot while resting my elbows on the bench. My first shot my right elbow slipped off the edge of the bench just as I pulled the trigger and I missed the target entirely. My second shot was the highest hole and the next 4 shots are the ones at the 3oclock position. My load is a lead alloy cast 325 gr. FP GC bullet over 33gr. of IMR4198, Winchester brass and a Remington 9 1/2 primer. The target was at 50 yards. I don't think that is too shabby for 78 year old eyes using the barrel sights that came on the rifle. I am really pleased with how this new rifle shoots. I think it is a keeper for sure!  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com