Author Topic: What is your Regiment?  (Read 11341 times)

Offline Sergeant Smokepole

• Dark Lord of The Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What is your Regiment?
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2006, 04:51:47 PM »
 I was born in a Cherokee village. The first born son of a Cherokee squaw and a white woodsman that settled with the Tribe. My name is Little Skunk. I gew up and at age 15, joined the United States Marine Corps. Nobody wanted to deal with a "Breed" so I took the name of Smokepole, denoting my prowess with a rifle. I spend 12 years in The Corp when The War of Nortthern aggression begins. I am a  USMC Sergeant that went to The Confederacy when The South seceded. I went into the CSMC for a year as an Ordinance Sergeant, was wounded and discharged. I returned home and when Stands Watie forms a Cherokee Nation Regiment, I join and eventually become a Sergeant Major. I fought through the war after being wounded twice more and am pardoned at the end of the war. I kept my sidearm and saber as a courtesy of a Union Colonel that fought aginst me at Thw Wilderness and I took prisoner. I bound  his wounds, brought him back from the lines and he was paroled back to his State of New York. He returned just before the war ended and was assigned as Surrender Officer. After taking my pardon. I went west, taking odd jobs as Scout, Muleskinner, Cowpuncher, Lawgog, Hired Gun and Deputy U.S. Marshall in Ft. Smith Arkansas.

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2006, 10:41:53 PM »
If I am able to make this year's muster I will be attending as a major in the 3rd Texas calvary. I will be shooting 51navy's and if I get close enough to a certain calvaryman from Maine a captured Henry rifle ;D
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2006, 09:21:14 AM »
LOL!  Dang James Country will need to get my uniform in first....It has been on order for 6 months.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 02:24:57 AM »

Offline Lastcigar

• Active citizen
  • ambro by Rambow
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2006, 09:59:48 PM »
I'm contemplating two options.
First, the 31st Illinois Volunteer Infantry.  I had 3 great-great great uncles and at least 4 cousins (once,twice, something like that, removed.)  One of the uncles was a Lt. in C Company (the Color Company).  They were organized by John (Blackjack) Logan in southern Illinois, the greatest and most successful of the political generals of the war. There were nicknamed the Dirty First as they always seemed to get the dirty jobs--charge on the Vicksburg defenses etc and were part of the 17th Corps.  Whether I do them or not I will be bringing a set of Regimental Colors for the 31st.
Second choice is Wilder"s Lightening Brigade.  Since I will be shooting my Spencer and Wilder's Brigade was made up of Illinois and Indiana Regiments that would explain the Spencer.

I lean to the 31st however and guess that as an officer I could claim the Spencer is a personally purchased weapon. Although it would have been as unusual in the infantry for an officer to care a long arm as it was for an enlisted man to carry a side arm.  Some sacrifices to authenticity have to be made.
LastCigar
USMC 1966-70   Viet Nam 69-70
SASS GAF NCOWS
BOSS SSS Henry Shooter

Offline Nine Toe Jim

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 678, SAWWS, WARTHOG, GOFWG, GAF
    • ninetoejim
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2006, 07:04:03 AM »
I portray a Captain of the Yukon Field Force that helped the Northwest Mounted Police guard the goldfields from 1898 - 1900. I started out trying to put a sgt's uniform together but Rattlesnake Jack said I couldn't buy him a drink in the officer's mess if I was an enlisted man so Rattlesnake promoted me to captain (sent me captain's pips). I would also like to point out that Rattlesnake is a wonder at research. Once he gets his teeth into something he never lets go. I can't figure out where he gets the time at home to do it as I KNOW he would never do it at work  ;D

Old Age and Treachery Will Overcome Youth and Skill
WARTHOG, SASS 678, GOFWG, GAF, Quigley Shooter

Offline ColonelFlashman

• Thank'ee! And Damn Your Eyes.
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • '73 N.W.M.P. Field Uniform, Assit. Commis.
    • "Sir Harry Flashman's Memiors"
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006, 12:26:17 AM »
Hold a Colonel's Commission in the 17th Lancers
1857-58, Indian Mutany, Colonel, Government & Staff Political Officer
1860, 2nd China War & Tiaping Rebellion, Colonel, Government & Staff Political Officer
1861, Horse Guards, Colonel, Foriegn Military Observer
1862, Major, on Gen. Hooker's Staff
1863, Colonel, on Gen. Lee's Staff
1865-67, a.d.c. Emperor Maximilian of Mexico
1868, Abyssinian Expedition, Colonel, Government & Staff Political Officer
1870, Canadian Militia, Colonel, Staff Political Officer
1871, Franco-Prussian War, Foriegn Military Observer
1873, North West Mounted Police, Assit. Commish.
1874, Ashanti Expedition, Colonel, Staff Political Officer

Colonel Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC KCB KCIE USMH;
Colonel 17th Lancers Staff Political Officer;
Staff Corp Commander & D.o.P. Command Staff
WartHog, Pistolero & Mounted Shootist
 :uk:  :usa:  :canada:  :dixie:  :ausie:

Offline ColonelFlashman

• Thank'ee! And Damn Your Eyes.
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • '73 N.W.M.P. Field Uniform, Assit. Commis.
    • "Sir Harry Flashman's Memiors"
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2006, 12:27:48 AM »
I portray a Captain of the Yukon Field Force that helped the Northwest Mounted Police guard the goldfields from 1898 - 1900. I started out trying to put a sgt's uniform together but Rattlesnake Jack said I couldn't buy him a drink in the officer's mess if I was an enlisted man so Rattlesnake promoted me to captain (sent me captain's pips). I would also like to point out that Rattlesnake is a wonder at research. Once he gets his teeth into something he never lets go. I can't figure out where he gets the time at home to do it as I KNOW he would never do it at work  ;D

You'd have been classified as O.R., not enlisted. :o
Colonel Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC KCB KCIE USMH;
Colonel 17th Lancers Staff Political Officer;
Staff Corp Commander & D.o.P. Command Staff
WartHog, Pistolero & Mounted Shootist
 :uk:  :usa:  :canada:  :dixie:  :ausie:

Offline Luke MacGillie

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 07:30:08 AM »
Im still exploring what exactly I am going to do.  Looking at 2 impressions, 1st a 1840s Taos Trapper working as a scout for .gov and a second a 1870s Buffalo Hunter working as a Scout.

My earlier impressions are of a Rev War British Indian Department Officer, and another of a 1765 period SGT of the Black Watch serving in the Illinois Country.

Offline Frenchie

• "We have met the enemy, and he is us." - Pogo
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Photo by Julio Zangroniz @ "September Storm", 2007
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2006, 01:18:55 AM »
Company B, 3rd United States Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade, II Division, V Corps, Army of the Potomac. Named "The Old Guard" by Winfield Scott during the War with Mexico. 1st Bull Run, the Seven Days, Groveton (2nd Bull Run), Antietam Creek, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, the Wheatfield at Gettysburg, the New York draft riots. Lead unit (with 10th US Infantry) in the Grand Review in Washington, then frontier duty at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas in 1866.

Ship's Company of US Sloop Constellation. Patrolled the west coast of Africa for slave ships, searched for Confederate commerce raiders, "showed the flag".

Acting Lieutenant in Command (Lieutenant Commander from 31 July, 1862), Naval Detachment, Dep't of the Atlantic, Grand Army of the Frontier.
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vĂȘtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com