Author Topic: Forum Hall, rules and new boards  (Read 21597 times)

Offline Marshal Halloway

• Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
  • City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.
    • Cas City
  • SASS #: R3411
  • NCOWS #: HL-179
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Forum Hall, rules and new boards
« on: September 27, 2005, 06:40:49 PM »
The goal with Forum Hall and Cas City is to be a premier junction for cowboy & western action shooters who seek information on different fields of interests, both cas and non-cas.

When it comes to posting itself, there are some simple rules that we ask you to follow.

You agree, through your use of the Cas City Forum Hall, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.

In other words, be polite, respectful and try to look at this forum as a place to create friendship not enemies. Please do not try to push any limits or provoke a range war. When this occurs, the winner in a range war here in Cas City is the one that backs off and use silence as the last word if provoked. Doing the opposite creates losers on both sides of the picket fence. Take personal disagreements elsewhere and off line if you cannot discuss a topic without name calling or street talk from a bad Hollywood movie. If not, the law will be more than happy to guide you to the right place.  ;) If you can't interact here and in the same way as you do at the shooting range, this forum is not for you. If you need assistance or guidance how to respond, ask us instead of shooting from the hip. We have years of experience dealing with these kind of challenges.   

The rest of the guidelines and registration agreement can be found here:
http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,41358.0.html

How the forum is set up
News and announcements about Cas City and support questions are on top.

Next comes the CAS related topics and the special interest CAS topics. Below these boards are other boards where fellow shooters can share non-cas topics. We like this site to be inclusive, but the priority boards is about the sport. Most people are looking for CAS topics and should not have to search up and down and in between.

All of this has to have a user friendly system, so members don't have to spend too much time to find what they are looking for. 

However, the Longbranch is the exception. This is a neutral meeting place for fellow shooters no matter the bonds to specific organizations or special interests. Feel free to start a thread in the Longbranch if you can't find a suitable board  or if you are just not sure where to post. It is generally left in the Longbranch for a while and then if need be, moved to the appropriate board by the moderators. Please don't take that as something negative. It is just a rearranging, making room kind of thing. You know, putting the reloading supplies in the gun room and the pots and pans back in the kitchen.

New boards
Please understand that we can't instantly accomodate a request for a new board.  If we did that, we would have 697 boards on this forum by now, and everything would be scattered like leaves in the wind. However, we are going to do our best to help you out. We appreciate and will consider any and all requests  that make our town grow and better place to be.

There are two types of boards on this forum. Public or Private boards.

Public boards are visible and accessible  for every member on the forum.
Private boards are where the owner(s) want a specific list of persons to join. These are the only persons that see the board when they are logged in. It can be club members or just a few people sharing a special interest.

Here is how you go by getting a new board started:

* Please make a request to me by posting it in Site Support & Comments board.

If you want a Public board and we find that your request for that board will be valuable for the forum and the members, I will build and set it up for you.

In many cases, we will also put up a voting poll to get feedback from the members. This is the best way to find out what the most of you want, and will give each one of you a chance to be heard and counted. The poll will normally run for a week. If the majority is in favor of a new board and it will not have a negative effect on other boards that is already established and working ... then I will build and create it for you and will set it up.

We think that this is the fairest way to decide.

The thing that concerns us and what is important with a public board, is that the common membership WANTS to use it .. and WILL use it.

Thanks for all your interactions ,feedback and your help with making CasCity ...'"your town'".

Marshal & Marshal'ette
Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Forum Hall, rules and new boards
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 06:57:16 PM »
Once again the Marshal has hit the ten ring.

Folks I have been possed with this man for years now and he is the best. He started CAS on the internet and continues to provide the premiere location for CAS shooters and all those others who are interested.

My hat is off to you Marshal, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 06:59:55 PM »
You said it Tensleep! *applause*
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:33:10 PM »

Offline Marshal harpoluke

• Black Sash Gunfighter Lord of the Dark Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Agapei Attack Sheep
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 10:39:27 PM »
 :D

Sounds like a Plan. ;D
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Silent Joe

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 10:00:21 AM »
I'm agree with Tensleep. Go on this way, Marshal and Marshal'ette.  ;)

Offline Carolina Lead Foot

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 05:41:30 PM »
I agree without question or I may not see daylight after falling asleep.

CLF  :D :D
Believer in the Almighty
Warthog
Soot Lord
Just a Cowboy shooting real BP

Offline Danny Bear Claw

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 09:09:51 PM »
Here, here!!  DBC raises his Shiner Bock to the Marshall and Marshallette!http://8)
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 04:48:54 AM »
I agree with Tensleep its a great board and the Marshal and Marshalette run a tight ship, that keeps it going.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Ozarks Ranger

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 12:10:37 PM »
Well said to all.  Thanks Marshal and Marshalette.

Snake Eyes
Stand up for whats right , even if your standing alone
Intro To CAS instructor
RO11,
WARTHOG
BOLD 291
SBSS,   RATS #250

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com