Author Topic: (another) grip question--Rodeo  (Read 4730 times)

Offline J.D. Yellowhammer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Great-great-grandaddy Mack Cullars, 1864, CSA vet.
    • Being constructed as we speak...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
(another) grip question--Rodeo
« on: December 30, 2005, 12:01:18 PM »
My new Rodeo has slightly aged tru ivory grips.  I'd like to more-or-less match them on another Rodeo.  I can't afford to wait 6 weeks for fitting or pay $150+ to Bar-S for the same grips, yet.  So, until I can afford the $$ and time, I'd like to get inexpensive ivory-like grips. 

My question is:  if I get Colt grips will they fit (with a little finishing, if necessary)?  I read on Gunblast that Colt grips fit almost exactly on the Pre-War USFA, the only difference being the location of the retaining pin hole.  The article didn't specify which generation Colt, so maybe the backstraps are the same on all 3.  Does the USFA Pre War have the same size back strap, etc., as a Rodeo?

Thanks for any help,
JD
Lunarian, n.  An inhabitant of the moon, as distinguished from Lunatic, one whom the moon inhabits. (Ambrose Bierce).  Which one are you?

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: (another) grip question--Rodeo
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 01:39:07 PM »
Short answer is yes, they will fit with some minor fitting.  The US FA is almost identical to a 1st gen colt.

Offline J.D. Yellowhammer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Great-great-grandaddy Mack Cullars, 1864, CSA vet.
    • Being constructed as we speak...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 02:24:10 PM »
Thanks.  Do you know if all 3 gens of Colt take the same grips?
Lunarian, n.  An inhabitant of the moon, as distinguished from Lunatic, one whom the moon inhabits. (Ambrose Bierce).  Which one are you?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:04:36 AM »

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 07:19:36 PM »
I tried to see if my Premium SAA Hard Rubber grips and a set of Colt 2nd generation grips would fit on my Rodeo, and found they would need some fitting.

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 08:19:46 PM »
No, not all 3rd generation Colt grips are the same.  I own several and have found quite a bit of difference between them.  The same holds true for USFA, although the USFA's are closer in fit. 
There will always be slight differences from one gun to the next and it is mostly the result of the polishing process before finishing the gun.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Blue Moon

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 09:44:18 AM »
 :)  I shoot a pair of Rodeo's and have added Eagle gunfighter grips (excellent) so I have a pair of faux ivory(USAF now calls

them "tru-ivory" and charges $249 a pair)  and faux stag grips to sell if you are interested;

Offline calaveras slim

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 06:23:30 PM »
:)  I shoot a pair of Rodeo's and have added Eagle gunfighter grips (excellent) so I have a pair of faux ivory(USAF now calls

them "tru-ivory" and charges $249 a pair)  and faux stag grips to sell if you are interested;

Please, email me at:

calaverasslim@yahoo.com

I may be interested in those faux stags.  Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com