Author Topic: Lee Van Cleef Movies (cont'd)  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Frank Dalton

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lee Van Cleef Movies (cont'd)
« on: July 09, 2005, 06:09:43 PM »
Well I watched the other two movies in the 3 pack DVD titled "The Spaghetti Westerns Collection" starring Lee Van Cleef.

The second movie is called "Kid Vengeance" and has Leif Garrett and Jim Brown in it. After watching it I can see where the folks that wrote "Home Alone" came up with their premise, although that kid did not kill anyone. The movie has some good scenes, and good acting at times, but there are times when it just isn't convincing, especially at the end of the movie. It seems like they ran out of time/film and had to rush the finish a little. The last scene seemed like a separate director was in charge that had no idea what the rest of the movie was about. (I can't say too much more in case anyone wants to watch it.)

However, all in all, the movie has a good story line. I think that Leif was chosen for looks instead of acting ability, but even with that, this is a decent movie. Many of the actors performed well. My only gripe about Lee's character is that he wore a bandana throughout the picture which made him look like a bald-headed Hell's Angel biker.

The third movie is called "God's Gun" and Lee actually plays two roles in this one. It also has Jack Palance and Leif Garrett. While the plot could have been a winner, the actual movie turned out to be a hoakey Saturday kids show, but not as good. Scenes were added in that were not needed which detracted from the story, inane dialog, almost like several movies spliced together to make one movie. It would be a good candidate for a remake by a more competent director.

I don't think these two are the type that want to be watched over and over, but every now and again they provide a break, and make you appreciate your favorites even more. At least Lee had a lot of dialog in these movies, unlike "High Noon".
Frank Dalton
US Deputy Marshal
Indian Territory
SASS# 54716L
USFA CSS# 59
GAF# 360
STORM# 268
Perge Scelus Mihi Diem Perficias

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 109
Re: Lee Van Cleef Movies (cont'd)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 10:14:36 AM »
I'll agree that "God's Gun" is a dawg.
I haven't seen "Kid Vengeance".

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 09:24:58 PM »
"Gods Gun" is AWFUL!  Ugh!

As much as I love Lee Van Cleef, he has surely been in some bad roles.  Too bad.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:21:24 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com