Author Topic: Marbles Bullseye for Winchester 73  (Read 1514 times)

Offline 129

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Marbles Bullseye for Winchester 73
« on: November 13, 2020, 10:39:46 PM »
Hello all,

Firstly, this is my first post here and second this is my first lever action rifle purchase.
Giving a rest to my semi-auto rifles and picked up a Winchester (Miroku) 1873 Trapper in 357 /16-inch long barrel. I am seriously contemplating replacing the factory sights with Marbles Bullseye. Any thoughts recommendations or pointers are welcome, much appreciated, Henry.

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Marbles Bullseye for Winchester 73
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 09:39:33 AM »
What, exactly do you mean by a Marbles Bullseye sight?  A tang sight, or a full buckhorn barrel mounted sight?

I use the Marbles tang sights on all my rifles (including a Windhcester/Miroku 44-40).  The tang should be already drilled and tapped for it, so installation requires only a few minutes and a screwdriver.  I love the sights.
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline 129

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 06:20:30 PM »

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:12:20 PM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1198
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 06:57:25 PM »
Howdy Henry.  My thoughts are, firstly that this is not a SASS-legal sight.  I'm guessing you don't care.  So, with that out of the way, my first concern would be whether it would fit.  It comes in two lengths, with the short one being 1.875".  Have you measured from the dovetail to the frame on yours?  I'm thinking a trapper in particular might have the rear sight close to the frame, but I am unfamiliar with the Mirokus.  There are various sights available that will fit the space-restricted barrels.  Other advice would be to drive the sight out from left to right and new one back in from the right (Ubertis are like that.  Mirokus, too?  Someone will verify).  A tang sight, as mentioned by Blackpowder Burn, would give you a much longer sight radius (well, they always do that, but perhaps more important on a relatively short barrel).  Good luck.

Offline 129

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 10:04:12 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts, I just purchased both sizes and I'll see which one will fit best for the short barrel. Any more comments welcome. Regards.

Offline KWK

• Top Active Citizen
    • KWK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 11:55:24 PM »
How did that Bullseye sight work for you? A fellow over on the Leverguns.com forum likes that style.
Karl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com