Author Topic: Cowboy shooter writes a Noir novel  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Fredcdobbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cowboy shooter writes a Noir novel
« on: November 26, 2019, 01:03:20 PM »
Hi Folks. Finding myself terminally bored I decided to write a Crime/mystery modern noir story. Had the idea in my head for years and just laid it down in three months of head scratching. That turned out to be the easy part. That was followed by a year of polishing, proofing and looking for agents. Whew. I didn't know it was going to be work.
Well, now it's out and on Amazon. So far, people like it with seven 5 star reviews. I imagine that will change as you can't please everyone.
The title is "What You Wish For". It's free to Kindle Unlimited readers for now and while it's now only out on Kindle, the paperback comes out on December 3, they tell me. You can read a sample chapter on Amazon, you can also read a free sample chapter on the web site I made for the book. www.jamespatric.com
One thing that drives me nuts is authors messing up the gun thing in their books. I love Elmore Leonard but twice in his novels he talked about taking the safety off a Smith and Wesson revolver. I got it right in my book.
It's not a really lucrative endeavor. I make five bucks a book or three after taxes. You may as well put your money in Thelma and Louise's trunk and watch it go over a cliff. So for now, I'm donating $5 per book to my Kiwanis club to support children's charities in my home town. It's the holidays and while I have warm feelings for Thanksgiving and Christmas, lots of folks have a hard time with it, especially kids when money is tight.
I will stop that eventually but for now the proceeds go to charity.
Thanks for looking.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com