Author Topic: uberti new model 3 2019  (Read 15064 times)

Offline Nina2019

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
uberti new model 3 2019
« on: April 02, 2019, 11:25:26 AM »
Any one fired  or held one of these?  My uberti 44 russian top break is too much of a reach to the hammer(for my thumb).  I believe it is cause of the frame spur just above the grip.  Any thoughts before I buy one of the new model 3s.  Looks the same as the Laramie by Berretta/Uberti.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: uberti new model 3 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 05:43:20 AM »
I have an original Russian and a Uberti NM #3 you will notice the hump is far less in both look & feel...

However, I found the Uberti OEM walnut grips were rounder (thicker) I changed mine out to S&W hard rubber

it transformed the feel in my hand ( short fingers) and gave me a better purchase & thumb reach.

BTW...the S&W grips were a spot on fit , only mod was the location of the little frame pin hole ( about 1/6" off )
and a very minor rear step adjustment by the grips S&W logo. A coupla strokes with a flat file on the grip scales &
enlarge to grips pin location hole & Bob's your Uncle.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Nina2019

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 08:49:00 AM »
Major 2,
Thank you.   I might see if I can get one.  Taylors is the only place I have seen them for sale.  In retirement and trying to down size so 45LC is the only cal. I want to keep.  My Russian model 3 in 44R needs to go along with its 44R Spencer companion. 

Bob

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:07:20 AM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 03:55:42 AM »
Mine was from Taylor's at the time they only had 2 and one of those had been ordered in advance.

They may or may not have them in stock.

BTW..."Looks the same as the Laramie by Berretta/Uberti "

not quite,
The Laramie had a (Ruger type) transfer bar under the hammer, the Uberti NM #3  has a firing pin .
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Johnson Barr

• Berger Sharpshooters, KVC, Blue River Regulators #129, Johnson County Rangers, GAF
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS Life, NCOWS Merchant
    • J Barr Texas
  • NCOWS #: L-173
  • GAF #: 830
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 12:50:32 PM »
I must have a very unique Beretta Laramie. Mine has both a firing pin and transfer bar. I have smallish hands that prefer the original Colt's style grips; Navy Model and SAA's. The Russian and Schofield replica Smith's have a bit too much stretch for my fingers but, the #3 New Model is 'Goldie Locks' just right.  Fits my hand like my original #3 DA Frontier .44-40   
"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"  -Thomas Jefferson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com