Author Topic: www.ushist.com uniforms?  (Read 9479 times)

Offline Grigori_Storri

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
www.ushist.com uniforms?
« on: August 24, 2010, 05:38:27 PM »
Has anyone had any dealings with www.ushist.com I have been looking at some of thier uniforms.
http://www.ushist.com/19th-century_wardrode_f.shtml

Or does anyone know of a company that sales the patterns for officer fatigue blouse or elisted tunic?

Actually looking for pattern for model 1898 model 1899 Off Fatigue Blouse or Enlisted tunic.

Knew a man a few years back that modified a carhart coat. Looked good but I do not think they make that model fo coat anymore.

Offline MJN77

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: www.ushist.com uniforms?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:03:31 PM »
Quartermaster shop.  
http://www.quartermastershop.com/1872%20and%20on%20US%20Officer/span_am_officer_menu.html
 I have never bought anything from either of these places, but other then prices I have not heard anything negative about Quartermaster. UsHist on the otherhand, I have heard they do not really deal with reenactors. Mostly deal with movie companies and such. When you do order from them it takes "forever" etc, but this was several years ago so that may have changed. Again, I do NOT know first hand, but it looks like they sell the same patterns and uniforms. Hope this helps.

Offline captmack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • "TX is neither southern nor western. TX is TX"
    • Capt Mack's You Tube page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 07:19:45 PM »
I have done business with Terry Leavey for two years now.  He keeps a lot of items in stock and ships quickly.  He gets his custom uniforms through the Quartermaster Shop and they are to quality.

Capt Mack
Capt Prather Scott "Mack" McLain
Senator
NCOWS Life Member #175

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:14:04 AM »

Offline Dusty Tagalon

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 32291, NCOWS L170, GAF 74
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 09:01:59 PM »
I have done business with both US History, & The Quatermaster Shop, both are quality,  if you order a custom, it can take some time.

Brian

Offline Captain Lee Bishop

• Rough Rider, 1st US Cav (USV)
  • Top Active Citizen
  • ..on your order, Colonel Roosevelt!
    • Thunderbolt Productions
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 10:48:29 PM »
I have done business with both US History, & The Quatermaster Shop, both are quality,  if you order a custom, it can take some time.
And if you order something from either that they don't have in stick, you will never, EVER get it. I've tried more than once through each and never heard from them again...
I have some of their stuff, but all through eBay from people getting rid of it. Good stuff, when you can actualy get your hands on it, that is...

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 05:23:51 AM »
And if you order something from either that they don't have in stick, you will never, EVER get it. I've tried more than once through each and never heard from them again...
I have some of their stuff, but all through eBay from people getting rid of it. Good stuff, when you can actualy get your hands on it, that is...

I completely disagree.  I have made several orders, custom and standard, from the Quartermaster Shop.  They have always delivered at least a week before the due date, sometimes even earlier.  They've provided excellent service from start to finish and I highly recommend them.  They are a bit expensive but you get a quality product. 

I've no experience with USHist but based on other comments posted in the past on this forum, I'm not inclined to use them.

US Scout
Brig Gen, GAF

Offline Colonel Buckshot

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 11:23:41 AM »
Quartermaster is where ushist gets their uniforms so just order from the source.  I have the dragoon col coatee and it is first rate.  Us hist on the other hand I never got my order after several calls and promises it was on its way soon I finally called and cancelled the order. 
Adrian Geary
Samsula, FL
US Army Honorable Discharged  19E/45K
NRA, GAF, SUVCW

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 05:12:08 PM »
Had nothing but good results from Quartermaster shop, including several custom orders.  Never dealt with USHist.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline captmack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • "TX is neither southern nor western. TX is TX"
    • Capt Mack's You Tube page
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 06:44:34 PM »
@Capt Bishop.  I will have to disagree.  I have always had extremely good service from both Leavey and QM Shop

Capt Mack
Capt Prather Scott "Mack" McLain
Senator
NCOWS Life Member #175

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 06:55:19 PM »
QM shop has always been top notch for me!

They routinely deliver early.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline Grigori_Storri

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 06:50:11 AM »
Thank you everyone who answered my thread. Will check out quartermater in near future.

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 11:14:19 PM »
QM Shop has been my depot of issue for nigh onto, what, 30 years!  No problems!  Even my 4-button sack coat and my military overcoat, which were about the first things I bought still serve me well, although for awhile there they slowly began to shrink (along with the rest of my clothes over the years  ;) ).  Lately, with careful attention to what I eat (at least until recently...gotta get those 9 pounds back off), the QM clothing began to "expand" once again!  Seriously, the clothing didn't change sizes...I did!

Stay with the Quartermaster Shop.  They aren't the cheapest!  But then, again, their products aren't "cheap" either!  You get what you pay for from them.
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Trooper Smith

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 03:39:28 AM »
I Have used Quartermaster Shop uniforms since the early 1990's. All items from my 1883 Blouse to my 1872 Dress Uniform have been of excellent quality and fitted me perfectly. Delivery times on all custom made items has always been earlier than promised and the service is fantastic. You will be pleased if you go with them.

liten

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 01:22:12 AM »
i would never go back to quartermaster shop again , they had all my measures and still got it wrong, the sack coat had to go back and they charged me heaps to get it right , the cav pants where massive , i could have fitted in them twice , they dont seem to have any idea how  cav pants should fit, and i ,  had to get them alltered else where   

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 06:06:37 PM »
Liten - who did you deal with when you had issues?

I have had nothing but great service and since my USRCS uniforms are just a bit different from the period USN uniforms most of my stuff is custom.

They even asked of they could purchase some of my reproduction USRCS buttons for thier use but when I asked if they could just take it off an order they were working on for me - the manager made sure all was accounted for and I was only billed accordingly.

There use to be a "Quartermasters" website that sold repro items too - you sure it was not that other group?

PR

GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

liten

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 07:22:16 AM »
first i was dealing with linda  she was fine until i had a problem , then i was but on to kay , who informed me that i must given them my measure wrong ,and it was my fault and said we dont make mistakes , and when they got the coat back , they emailed me to say that they had to call in there mastertailor to get it right, and to top it all off all the freighting was on me as well ,and being a over seas it cost me big time about 100 dollars all up for postage as well as the cost for the allterations which was nearly another 100 bucks,  so my dealings with q shop didnt work for me

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com