Author Topic: It's Time.  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
Re: It's Time.
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2022, 12:10:19 PM »
It's certain nothing will get done until we can do away with the "Us vs. Them" divisive mindset. We have to understand that we are all the same. We all want these mass shootings to end.

It is strange that we live in a society where pulling peanut butter off the shelves because it is a health hazard, or removing lettuce or spinach because of salmonella contamination, or automobile recalls for safety issues are universally accepted as necessary for the public's safety because the danger is understood. So why is it so difficult for us to have the same willingness to consider action when firearms are involved?

Because none of those things are guaranteed and protected by the 2nd Amendment and are not for protection and if necessary overthrowing tyranny. Research has shown the gun bans of the Clinton era did not reduce gun crime. All they did was restrict the rights of law abiding citizens. Once again, evil does not exist in an inanimate object but in the hearts of evil men, and to quote Rand Paul, " The only way to stop an evil man with a gun is a good man with a better aim."

Society has lost its moral mooring and is adrift being tossed in every direction. Many who are in positions of authority have lost the ability to reason justly and are calling evil good and good evil. That is what has changed since we were young. I know it and most of you here know it because we have lived to see the changes. What can we expect when we kick God, the source of ALL good, out of not only our public schools, but the public square, and the nation as a whole.

The immediate solution is to harden public schools like the airports and federal buildings. And don't tell me we can't because we can. This government wastes millions if not billions in funds every year. And as others have pointed out stop making them gun free zones.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
Re: It's Time.
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2022, 01:14:55 PM »
I wish it was as simple as holding up the 2nd Amendment that our Founding Fathers had the wisdom to write into the Bill of Rights defending the right of every man, woman and child in the United States of America to own a flintlock musket.

I have a sinking suspicion with every shooting God is telling us to do something about these type of guns.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com