Author Topic: Looking for a barrel  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Tigerbend225

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Looking for a barrel
« on: June 20, 2019, 10:27:10 AM »
I have recently came into a 1865 Spencer receiver and I'd like to build it up and was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of finding a replacement. I'm also wanting to know the dimensions and bore diameter of the 56-50 in carbine length just in case it's easier for me to just make my own barrel. Any help is appreciated.

Offline El Supremo

• kevintinny@hotmail.com
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Looking for a barrel
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 09:32:44 AM »
Hello, Tiger, and welcome:

Not sure what "build it up" means.  What parts do you have?

The Spencer Oft Requested Info ("SORI") section on this SSS Forum may help on barrel dim's.

If you are going to start with just a receiver, gathering the other original parts will be costly, time consuming and can involve parts that will not fit!  Original parts dimensions vary and I have seen some frustrating situations. 

One cheaper, time saving alternative would be to contact David Stavlo at Lodgewood Guns in Wisconsin and discuss using the receiver as trading material toward a complete Spencer.  He often has them.  Good guy+++.

If you need only a barrel, try Larry Romano at Romano Rifle Company in Pennelleville, NY.  He makes VERY HIGH QUALITY finished and impeccably chambered Spencer 1860 and 1865 barrels in both multi-groove and three L&G configurations.

How about posting some pic's of your 1865 receiver, please?  Thanks.

Respectfully,
El Supremo/Kevin Tinny
Pay attention to that soft voice in your head.

Offline Dave Fox

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 09:15:35 PM »
You might try Robert Hoyt for a possible barrel source if you're considering a sporting Snider build or if Romano doesn't work out. (717) 642-6696.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:56:01 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com