Author Topic: Merry Christmas and Annual Report from GAF HQ  (Read 2340 times)

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Merry Christmas and Annual Report from GAF HQ
« on: December 24, 2005, 07:26:58 AM »
Gentlemen and Ladies of the Grand Army of the Frontier,

On behalf of the Commander of the Grand Army of the Frontier, let me extend a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all, and our thanks for continuing to support and participate in the GAF.

As I look upon the last year, I notice a few wobbles, but on the whole we continue to grow in membership and expand in our participation at various CAS and living history events. 

We successfully transferred our HQ to CAS City after the Frontier Spot crashed.  Unfortunately, some of our members have become lost as a result, so I encourage all of you to help those who have gone astray to point them to The Barracks so that they may once again become active forum members.

The Second Annual Muster was a great success and I fully expect to see that event to become one of the centerpieces of the GAF.  For those who have not attended, I urge you to try and do so in the future.  It is not only a great shoot, but provides you the opportunity to meet many of our members who are unable to get together on a frequent basis because we are so spread out across not only the country but the world.

I have recently charged the department and division commanders to put on a regional event - be it a match, ball, living history program, or some other activity to promote the GAF, encourage participation, and recruit new members.  I have also encouraged the departments and divisions to put on a Frontier Military Shooting side-match, based on the stages used at the GAF Muster, at some of their local matches.

We are moving ahead to produce some new GAF Medals but I ask you to bear with me as I have a full time job and other responsibilities to cope with as I work this issue. 

I would also solicite suggestions from you as to what you would like to see the GAF do in the future.  But, be warned, I will expect your active support and participation in return. 

I will also be coming out shortly to ask for volunteers to step up to some of our leadership positions that will soon become vacant.  If you are interested, and I direct you to the paragraph above about putting on a regional event, please let me know.

We are also continuing to explore the option of forming an NCOWS posse (utilizing our current NCOWS members) to take advantage of NCOWS insurance coverage.  I'll be attending the NCOWS Convention in February to discuss this issue with their leadership before deciding if that move is best for the GAF. 

Lastly, I would like to extend my personal holiday greetings to the many GAF members who I've had the pleasure of meeting last year and this - usually at the Muster but at some other events as well.  You are too many to name individually (and I'd miss several if I tried to list everyone), but you know who you are.  I count you all as personal friends and send you Best Wishes for the holidays.

US Scout
Brevet Colonel of Marines
Chief of Staff, Grand Army of the Frontier
Colonel Commanant of the GAF Marines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com