Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Winchester Model 1892

Saddle ring carbine will have to wait awhile

(1/2) > >>

Buckaroo Lou:
Well, I have been looking for the new Cimarron 1892 saddle ring carbine for awhile but everyone was out of stock. I had found one on GB but hesitated and when I finally made up my mind it was gone. After spending a week of browsing and going to my LGS the only 1892's I could find were old 25-20's and an occasional 38-40. While browsing today I came across this and with the way things are going right now I thought I might not ever see one of these again. Especially in a take down with this kind of wood. I have never owned a T/D model but have always thought they were unique. Anyway, I bit the proverbial bullet and should have this in my hands this next week.

King Medallion:
Nicely figured stock!

Coffinmaker:

:)  Buckaroo  ;)

That's a really gorgeous rifle.  All them nasty stains all over the wood and the receiver seem to give it some character.  They (the stains) may clean up ok though.

Ah, What Caliber be it??

Play Safe Out There 'cause People be Hazardous to Yer Health

Advertising:

Abilene:
Wowser!

Buckaroo Lou:

--- Quote from: Coffinmaker on January 29, 2022, 09:20:52 AM --- :)  Buckaroo  ;)

That's a really gorgeous rifle.  All them nasty stains all over the wood and the receiver seem to give it some character.  They (the stains) may clean up ok though.

Ah, What Caliber be it??

Play Safe Out There 'cause People be Hazardous to Yer Health

--- End quote ---

Coffinmaker, them nasty ole stains probably too deep and gonna have to remain. Shucks! Oh well I think I can learn to live with it.  ;D

I was lookin for either 44-40 or 45 Colt since I have plenty of both. This new Winchester rifle is in .45 Colt. Would have rather it been in 44-40 but am satisfied with the .45 Colt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version