Author Topic: Tite Group in 44-40  (Read 1544 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tite Group in 44-40
« on: June 15, 2019, 03:00:56 PM »
Up to now my wife has been shooting 6 grs Red Dot in her Pietta 44-40 SAAs with 200 RNFPs 'cause that's what I load for my 44-40 rifles.

It's a tad much for her so on a recommendation I tried 5 grs of Tite Group. It's supposed to be conducive to large capacity cases. She and her guns like it and she groups better with them than with any other calibre or load. No flinching or pulling trying to beat recoil.

I've recently acquired a pair of Pietta 44-40s myself and I think I'll use it as well.

The Piettas are proving to be the best timed, best fitted, best looking CAS revolvers we've ever owned! We're both shooting 7-1/2" barrels, her frames blued, mine case coloured with poly-ivory grips.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Tite Group in 44-40
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 11:41:08 AM »

PJ ....  :D

Not at all surprised you are happy with Pietta.  Really nice guns.  Really nice.

Might I suggest though .... 160Gr bullets for the hand guns??  I like really light bullets for the pistols.  I don't care for recoil in handguns.  Just a thought.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 11:45:14 AM »
We feel just the opposite in our club - we like the buck & roar of stiffer loads. We let the race gunners chase each other with loads that bounce off steel targets and even wood.

When I want to shoot powder puff, I shoot .44 Russian in my 44-40s. They work just fine, despite warnings that babies would die and birds would fall from the sky.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:31:18 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com