Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Colt Firearms

.45 Colt

(1/4) > >>

Galen:
Why are shooters that should know better referring to .45 Colt as .45 Long Colt? When did this start. Tried getting into Wild Bunch and was denied because my shotgun was a 1910 Remington and my pistol was the wrong caliber, 1902 Colt .38ACP. Really? One of the honchos said I should get a single action in .45 Long Colt. A real expert.

King Medallion:
Why ask why? That debate has been ongoing for a century or more. Get a rulebook for your chosen sport, read it, and follow it.You won't go wrong that way.

Abilene:

--- Quote from: Galen on March 18, 2024, 07:54:07 AM ---Why are shooters that should know better referring to .45 Colt as .45 Long Colt? When did this start. Tried getting into Wild Bunch and was denied because my shotgun was a 1910 Remington and my pistol was the wrong caliber, 1902 Colt .38ACP. Really? One of the honchos said I should get a single action in .45 Long Colt. A real expert.

--- End quote ---
Hmm, a single action isn't useable for Wild Bunch regardless of caliber, so that doesn't make much sense.

Advertising:

Hair Trigger Jim:

--- Quote from: Abilene on March 18, 2024, 10:30:48 AM ---Hmm, a single action isn't useable for Wild Bunch regardless of caliber, so that doesn't make much sense.

--- End quote ---

We could always get technical and call the 1911 a single action, and maybe .45 Long Colt is to distinguish the .45 ACP from the .45 GAP?

U.S.M.R.:
To distinguish it from .45 Government which was the Schofield round with the smaller.45 Colt rim.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version